Face rash for 2 years, never had problem like this before!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had this skin rash for two years. Tried everything. Cortisone fixed it but only temporary. http://i.imgur.com/P4vQAfe.jpg Have been to doctors, can't seem to get a solution! sad

Any ideas? It's really bad today. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi John.  I too have a a skin rash that comes and goes since  my teenage years.  I had gone to doctors and even with skin biopsy , they could not give me an answer.  They all said :I don't know what it is but just wait it will go away by itself."

But this time the skin rash just would not go away and was getting worse.

So what I did is I went online and choose a dermatologist who is 69 years old with 44 years of experience, he took his light and look and it and he gave me an answer without making me spend a lot of money on skin biopsy. He said I had parapsoriasis.

And he was right , I went online and looked at the images of the disease and they were exactally like mine.  

What I am trying to tell you is that when it comes to skin rashes , a new or even slightly experienced doctor does not have enough experience to help.  Pick a dermatologist that has many years of experience and they will be able to help you because they have seen it all for many years

• Posted

Hi,

I want to ask you about your parapsoriasis.Are you keeping it under control?

• Posted

https://patient.info/health/Rosacea.htm

Frustrated61 mentioned Rosacea, if you have a look at the photos on DermNetNZ some of the photos are more like yours, whereas this site's photos are more dramatic and less like yours.

Read up about it and go and see your GP and suggest it to him and ask to be referred to a Dermatologist.

Good luck John

• Posted

Hello All, Went to doctor and he said it was a kind of Acne - put me on Duac and it's cleared right up.. 2 weeks on it and all good - clear as a bell. Not sure if it will last when I finally come off the Duac?! I hope so though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.