Facing GERD problem, help me out

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Sir,

I am facing GERD problem from past 1 year & taking daily one tablet

"NEX-ES Fast 20" & if i don't take a tablet for day by evening i feel irritaion/burning sensation in esophagus. Im doing good diet & also morning time taking some herbals but still facing the same issue & feeling more fear what will happen if this continouse. I don't want to depend on any tablets & i want normal health..pls help me how to get rid of this issue & how cure my self. Doctor says keep taking the medicines & do healthy diets it will get cured over the period. I m confuesd & stressed due to this problem & losing confidence...

pls help me out...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid you've got to deicide if you have to much acid, or to little acid? Depends on age? Me?  I'm 67! So iv established not enough acid, so dont take any PPI's!!!!!  But still get chest, back, burning pain! 

• Posted

Hi. I have suffered with reflux for years now. Simply because every doctor i saw misdiagnosed me. Only since I have moved to another state (Maryland from Georgia) was I finally able to get correctly diagnosed. Since then I was was on several different prescription antacids the 1st few didn't help at all. The latest one helps the most but it doesn't completely rid me of all the problematic symptoms. I am currently taking Ranitidine twice a day 30 min before a meal. It has had the best results soo far. I was given a test where you drink a chalky white thick liquid and they x-ray the stomach for irregularities. They found I have a hiatal hernia. Which means a potion of my stomach has moved up into my esophagus causing the acid to move up through easier. You may want to request your doctor do that test since what they've been giving you isn't working well. I have an appt at the rnd of this month with a gastroenterologist to figure out what is next. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.