Failed cardioversion

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had Cardioversion 9 days ago - today AFIB returned !

Any comments from those of you who have had similar experiences would be great . Is it worth trying again or should I head for ablation ??

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Deirdre, I had cardioversion in September 2010 before afib returned in less than a  week. Had a second cardioversion in January 2011 and I have been OK till February 2016 (5 years) when afib returned. Now waiting for a third cardioversion.
    • Posted

So you would go for a second instead of ablation ??
    • Posted

Were you taking drugs during your AFIB free time ? I hate the drugs - make me feel like. Zombie !
    • Posted

And thanks for responding !
    • Posted

Hi Deirdre, yes I continued on bisoprolol and simvasttin over that time and there were a few side effects that were not very pleaseant.

• Posted

I have heard of this happening.  Also, Please know though that even 

if you have ablation, it may not be completely successful either. I had ablation 5 months ago and am still going in and out of afib. Less than before the surgery, but still happening 

• Posted

Suzanne, I am in the same boat as you. My ablation was 4 weeks ago, have been in afib for 10 minutes or so on at least two occasions. Seems to happen same time at night. Rate don't go as high, but it is still there. Hope it straightens out. It sure feels good when afib is gone.

Others talk about side affects of meds, I don't have any. I am now on lopressor and eliquis. are there other meds worse than these?

• Posted

I take Flecainide and it's no fun and Cardiazem - not fun either - makes me so tired ! I also take Eliquis 5 mg 2 x day

Thanks for info !Didi

• Posted

Not sure about Lopressor. 

I was on eliquis and changed to pradaxa because the latter has a reversal factor which eliquis has yet to come out with and I felt that was important. 

• Posted

I found a phone app called AFIB DETECT - it has given me a bit of peice of mind at times when my pulse seems off the charts and really isn't !

Let me know if anyone uses it and what they think ?

Thanks, Didi

• Posted

I just downloaded that app. It only gives u pulse rate. U can be in afib at 60 or 70 or 120. The alivcor monitor gives u a ecg reading if u r in afib. I ordered that for $99 and it will be here next week.
    • Posted

I am beating at 73 right now, but I can see my

Boobs move, my heart is beating so hard. I am doing nothing. Just sitting. Got a call into my doc. I feel ok. This is just too crazy. Anyone else out there do this?

• Posted

The Kardia Alivecor is great I use it every day you can even send results to GP or cardiologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.