Fall

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello everyone. So I'm 5 weeks post R TKR and I pulled a stupid stunt today. I got my foot caught in a tangle of computer wires and took a fall. Luckily because of my preoccupation with my knee lately it was the first thing I thought of as I started falling and I ended up sacrificing my face for my knees. A split lip, swollen nose, and egg on my forehead but not even a scrape to my knees. And my new knee even lifted me back up off the floor! Just had to vent as I sit here missing the wedding I was suppose to go to. But also celebrate my healthy knee.

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, you were very lucky there Deborah.  That's always been my worst nightmare, falling over.

Such a shame that you hurt your face, but really pleased to hear that your knee coped with getting you back up again, at such an early stage.

Hope you feel much better soon.

Patsy

• Posted

Are you still going to physio and do you have a follow up appointment with your consultant.?

If so it may be worth mentioning to them about your fall though by what you say they will probably look at you and ask you what has happened!!

Take care and keep in touch. No more trips.

Sarah

• Posted

What a shock to the system!  Glad the knee didn't suffer any damage. In fact, it seems they are pretty strong . I also fell on the first day home, fortunately missing the edge of the washbasin by millimetres!  I didn't really hurt myself apart from bruises, but it was VERY difficult to get back up again!!!  
  • Posted

oh i so  know i you feel something similar happened to me last year ,my face took some battering it took over two weeks before i looked anything normal luckily it was summer and i could wear sunglasses .i looked like i did a couple of rounds with mike tyson.
  • Posted

Good morning everyone. Well it looks like my knee has come through the fall without even a bruise. I do see my PT on Tues and have a regular post op check with my surgeon on Thurs so I will mention it to both of them.

The lip looks a bit like a duck beak this morning but still worth the sacrifice for the sake of the knee.

I can't even imagine falling soon after surgery. I would have been calling the medics! Let's hope we can all stay on our feet long enough to get these knees healed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.