Fall

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

​Just to let you know the latest, really making progress,then last friday knee gave way again.Fell on paving stones hit my head and twisted and banged my knee. That was the morning tried all day to stand but could not terrible pain.I the end was told to ring for amblance.Outcome is first they thought i had chipped it,then a facture.Finally deceided it was very bruised in side knee. Stayed in hospital until Sunday,I am now out I can walk a few steps with crutches knee very swollen and have fluid on the lower part of knee ,but really back to square one.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Gee sooo sorry to hear about your fall! Most annoying when all we trying to do is make headway after our traumatic surgery. Good luck and take care.
    • Posted

Hi Lesley

So sorry to hear about your fall. It's a long enough process isn't it without this set back you've got. Hope you get well soon. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Pam,

How unlucky. My heart goes out to you.

Please take it easy, please be patient (Easy for me to say I know).

Listen to the professionals and it will heal quicker.

You are in my prayers.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Please get well soon, you will recover it will be a slow process, and i am praying for you
  • Posted

So sorry you had a fall, i know it terrifies me the thought of falling. I wish you luck for the future and hope you do well without too much pain 
  • Posted

Oh no - that is not good sad I am so pleased nothing is broken. So back to the drill - icing elevation rest.....

All the best. jenni.

• Posted

Please get an MRI, this sounds exactly like my experience! The ER took x-rays and told me it was just a massive bruise. Two months later could still barely walk. My primary care ordered an MRI. I had meniscus and cartilage tears. I had planned to get tkr after thr and my orthopedist wanted to go ahead and do my knee right then, so I did. An x-ray and exam does not show this kind of damage. I got so weak from not walking for 2 months that it has given me a much harder time recovering from tkr along with a still bad left hip and right knee. Get an MRI so you don't just add more time off your feet....good luck.

• Posted

you for that advice, seeing consultant on Saturday and I will ask for one.
  • Posted

Oh how awful.

I truly understand the set back. I fractured the femur completely loosen the superior aspect of my tkr.

Ny femur was plated and screwed. After a long recovery that was non weight bearing the bone healed and is so far holding the implant firmly.

May you heal quickly

hugs

judith

• Posted

thank you for your message, my femur was plated and screwd ,and i had it taken out when i had my tkr. Thats why i keep collapsing, as my muscles are so weak. Pam
    • Posted

Pam, without my physical therapist I would never have recovered...she gave me many exercises to do to strengthen my knee. It was a lot of hard work..that paid off.

Perhaps you can find a physical therapist

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Pam

In the meantime.. sit in a straight back chair...now lift your right leg until it is straight out and hold it 5 seconds...now slowly lower it to the floor. Do 5 repetitions...I did the exercises on botb legs

lay on the bed flat...now slowly lift yout leg 6 inches off of the bed...hold it for 5 seconds...repeat 5 repetitions

Do these sets several times per day. Increase the hold time by 5 seconds to 10. Work to increase the repetitions...I still do 20-25 repetitions.. Commercials are a great time to exercise.

Please stay in touch

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hello Judith, I wish i could lift my leg but because their is no muscle,it will not lift at all. Being in a cast for 7 months the muscle just went, and that is why my knee keeps collapsing.

Regards Pam

• Posted

Hi Pam

Do you know what isometric exercises are...you do not move...you just tense a muscle best you can, hold, and relax...perhaps you will begin this way. It does not take movement to count, just truly trying counts a lot.

hugs

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.