Fallen arches.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all - I am 4 months postop right TKR and all is going reasonably well with the knee BUT I have developed some other issues with my feet. I now have a fallen arch in the opposite foot to the operated knee. I also have a Mortons neuroma in the foot below the operated knee but that is not causing too much of an issue. The fallen arch is not fun and I am wondering if any one else has experienced this and if so how did they work with it ? I am using an arch support but am hoping it will recover with time. Is this possible ?

Cheers, Jenni.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenni

I hope you aren't in too much discomfort.

I am at 12 weeks & have had pain in my, left, foot (right tkr), but

It's not got fallen arch.

It seems, with this operation, that anything can happen during

Recovery!

I hope it resolves for you.

I also hope I haven't similar to look forward to!

All the best to you

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

What soldiers we are !!  I know it is all going to be a big improvement and knee wise it is already but the feet issue was a wild card Grrrr.

Thanks for the response and all the best to you.

Jenni.

• Posted

Hi Jenni

I'm on my second TKR, on my first i suffered badly with Plantar Fasciitis, something i had never experienced before my op and which was very painful, this time around i'm also having problems with my feet but no where near as painful as after my first op.  I think it's all to do with how we've been walking previously and after the op.  It is true that this op can cause a few other problems but they do improve and it's so worth it to be out of pain eventually.

Hope you feel better soon

Therese  

• Posted

Hi - thanks for the response. Is the plantar a heel pain ? If so I have that also !!! Especially painful when first getting out of bed. Did this go away and if so was it due to time or therapy ?  I am not sure I would cope with a second TKR too well. Cheers. Jenni.
    • Posted

Hi Jenni, plantar is heel pain.  At the time i was told to put a bottle of water in the freezer for a few hours and then roll my heel over it quite a few times, i was also told to roll my heel over a golf ball.  To be honest i think it only improved with time.  I did mention in this forum a few days ago that i bought a  foot spa in preperation of my second op, i made sure i had the one with rollers in the bottom to allow me to work my  heels  over them and i really think this has helped.  I'm about 11 weeks since my second TKR and to be honest i'm just so glad it's done.  Second time around is so much easier, you don't suffer from the shock and horror of the first op. 

Hope your feeling better soon and try and stay positive, it really is the best way to handle the recovery from the op.

Therese

• Posted

Thanks for the tips smile. I saw the post re foot spas and I will get one as it seems a sensible therapy. I have been going to accupuncture with no relief - others have had this help but not me sadly. I am doing really well and pretty much able to do most things to a limited capacity but functional. I am back into bush walking for an hour or so but have not been in the ocean yet this summer which is not like me !! That will be a confidence booster when I do go. We have been invaded by jellyfish here this summer. Not nasty ones but they do put me off lol. Standing is getting better which is great. 

I am lucky to be self employed so can usually pace myself with my work which is a big plus.

lol Happy days.

Jenni.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.