Falling out of love or Depressed ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

yes I've seen many posts like this but I rlly need help right now

so I've been dating my girlfriend for 1.5 years and I feel so out of love, but I know i love her, but my mind says no. My mind says that I'm forcing myself to love her and that I don't actually love her. I think about our future and it sounds nice , but when she wants to go on a date, I want to stay home and do what I wanna do. I've been in a depressive episode for a couple of weeks, and I've been feeling this way for a month. My depression makes me want to stay to myself at all times.

also I feel like hanging out with my friends more than her,, which sounds bad. But I think it's because I rarely see them. But I rarely see my girlfriend too.

I'm honestly contemplating breaking up with her or a "taking a break"

I don't really know if I truly feel love or not. and she loves me so much and I know continuing this relationship longer would just hurt her more. I just want to be alone and that's what my depression wants.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i also feel as if we did breakup ,I wouldn't mind it. Also, she's changed a lot, which is pretty meh to me

• Posted

Truth is, you are a sincere lover and good man.

But all of us have different energy levels..(physical and mental energy)

other name of depression may well be, brain with low energy..

lack of energy may just be due to negative thinking (because our thoughts do affect energy ) 

or it may actually be due to chemical imbalance..

For compatibility with GF,.. energy levels also should be compatible..

so if she is understanding type and understands all this and still be happy with some compromise   relationship will be all right.. else it needs to re-thought and reviewed..

• Posted

Be honest with her and let her know..why u leading her on?
  • Posted

More than likely it's your depression making you feel this way. It makes you out of sync with your feelings leaving you to question if you even love this person. Im pretty sure its a chemical imbalance, when it was that time of month for me like a week before sometimes i would get like that saying " i dont love my boyfriend" but i knew i truely did so why the hell was i thinking that way then after some time i would go back to my regular mind set. i do have anxiety and depression so im positive that's a contributing factor. Hope i helped what i would suggest is you take a break from the relationship tell her you need some time and see if you want to go back to the relationship.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.