Fast heart rate anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

so i ended up at a&e department last night as i woke at 2am with tight chest felt like couldnt get any air and a fast heartbeat 160 and a raised blood pressure i am 38 had all the checks ecg chest x ray bloods swabs doctor said i have just tonsilitis and nothing wrong with any of my tests gave me antibiotic and got home by 7am but the last 2 hours i am again feeling fast heartbeat i even put my fit bit watch on and the heart rate is constsnly going up and down normally 79-85 but it keeps going to around 109 and im in panic now feel like i need to go back to a&e

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is this the first time this has happened? Hard to say if it's anxiety or not.

• Posted

ive been to a&e a few times with anxiety attacks and all my tests come back ok and usually yhe piece of mind calms me down but now and again today i can still feel fast heart beat

• Edited

It's most likely anxiety. Take off the fitbit and stop checking your pulse. This type of behavior will only make things worse. Relax and trust the results that you received. The mind is very powerful, and fear will only make your symptoms worse.

• Edited

Christina I am experiencing exactly the same 😦 Its awful!! I almost went to the ER earlier too!! i also keep checking my fitbit! Idk if its everything going on in the World? Im terrified im going to get this virus! Ive always had an elevated HR, but mine has been jumping to 110 if im just walking around the house 😦 So now Im afraid to do anything that its going to jump higher!

• Edited

awful isnt it,im constantly still checking my heart rate i just cant relax the doctor at a&e said are you worried about anything at the minute and i said yea this virus ive not even got a cough but im convinced im going to get sick even he said the elevated heart rate is just panic your body is responding to the fact your anxious this has to be the worst time for us anxiety sufferers

• Edited

I just wish I could calm myself down... Im afraid to take meds for it, I try the homeopathic approach, but it's getting worse during this pandemic!

i now have a nervous cough that I'm freaking out over 😦 It's like watching all this, I feel like I have the symptoms! It!s just an awful time for all of us but especially if you have mental health issues 😦

I hope you feel better & your HR comes down 😃

• Posted

I'm exactly the same, I had major chest pains a week after my son was born.. I went to doctors, hospital and even had 2 ambulances out all within 2 weeks.. every chest xray, ecg and blood tests come back normal. even had a ct scan on my lungs, again fine. but ever since my chest has hurt, some days more than others. today is a sore one with some tender points and feeling very tight, even right around my back and every now and then I get shooting pains in my arms - all tests are normal. so it must be anxiety because even when I think I'm calm I'm constantly conscious of how I feel and if anything is hurting. I know it's hard because even today I'm like how can this be anxiety but I'm obviously holding myself very tense.

• Posted

sounds like a panic attack caused by anxiety. i have been there. i am there right now. this corona virus has got me all kinds of screwed up. i have been on meds for years to control my anxiety. but as soon as a week ago, when i realized the virus was a real thing my anxiety got worse again, the acid reflux, the achy muscles, chest pains and heart racing. been there before so i know its my brain causing my body to react a certain way, but it makes me no less miserable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.