Fast heartbeat at night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Most nights I wake up a few hours after being asleep, it's like something wakes me up really quick then my heartbeat is really really fast which then causes me to panick! Does anyone else have this and know why it happens

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used to get it, usually I'd be dreaming (not necessarily a nightmare) and I'd wake up jolt and panic. But that's all it was for me. Once I accepted it for what it is I started waking up less and less and when I did I wouldn't panic. I'm on no medication. If you're really worried about going to sleep (I used to be) it'll make you anxious while you sleep. Get checked by a doctor but if it's the case just accept it for what it is
  • Posted

I agree with Rawb, I use to wake up and start having panic attacks it was awful but I learnt how to cope with it, I would lay there and use breathing techniques to calm myself down and I would drop off again eventually, or sometimes I would go and get a drink by the time I had got back in bed it passed and I was able to go to sleep. Now I don't really wake up at all. You'll find a way to deal with it you just have to find what's best for you xx
  • Posted

Yes I sometimes have 2mg diazepam! i calmed my self down quickly last night as went to the toilet put cold water on my face and just sat there for a minute holding my breathe for a few seconds then breathing it soon slowed down but it's scary at the time when your hearts beats that fast!
    • Posted

Well you know you can calm yourself down and it's just benign! Just accept it as something that happens and it'll calm down and then you'll eventually forget about it. (I forgot it happened to me and it happened only about 2 months ago) so don't worry too much smile
  • Posted

Co enyme q10 start at the lowest dose and follow the bottls directions. Be very sure your body is hydrated as well. Check all your mds with your oharmacist for side effects u might need to take a certain med in th morning or at night. It can happen once in a while but if happens too much see a xardiologist. I do not believ in dismissing major organ fears without an exam, fter the exam is a different story.i have had this following illnesses or if consume caffiene.
  • Posted

After i use xanax sometimes that seem to be a bit of a side effect for a day or two. I only use xanax as needed so i stoo for weeks at a time but then when i use it and stoo that has occurred. I use l theanine now instead but sometimes really need a xanax to turn off the stress. I thought it was a tiny withdrawl symptom since it passes quickly. Thought i would mention that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.