fast pulse all of a sudden

Posted , 6 users are following.

im scared right now..

my pulse is 94BPM and all im doing is sitting at my desk working.

i can feel it going like mad - like 100mph in my chest  [sad]

what could cause this? does it sound like a have a heart condition?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a panic attack to me. Sinus tachycardia is the medical term i have it constantly it means a fast heart rate with no medical problems. Its linked to anxiety. Are you feel anxious at all ??
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anxiety attack. (panic attack) Take a few good cleansing breaths. Focus on something other than that feeling. Or find a focal point in the room and concentrate on that.  SHould help calm you down.  
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

ermmm i wasnt feeling anxious as it happened, but now i do as it wont go down sad i dont know what triggert it sad

im scread i have a heart conditon or somthing

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Take slow deep breaths...and drink some WATER...seriously being dehydrated can race your heart...causing anxiety symptoms.

Drink lots of water today.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I don't feel anxious right before mine hit either. Thats how it happens often. Highly unlikely you have a heart condition. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I see you have health anxiety.  I suppose that is why you keep asking the same questions on these forums. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. I am sure it's not a heart condition it's worry. You yourself said you were scared. It I a panic attack. It will pass. I've been there. Hope it goes quickly for you. Let me know how you get on.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Mot that bad actually. Drink a full water bottle. It will calm down. A nice fifteen minute walk will calm it down as well.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This happens to me too. It is the beginning of a panic attack.

Take 5 mg Diazepam and 10mgPropranolol.

I have also been put on a mild antidepressant tablet."Sertraline 50mg"

If you are an anxious person...this happens often.Or the food you have eaten which makes you get a bloated tummy. There is nothing to do with the heart. Check your blood pressure from time to time. I feel much better so far....but get an ECG done  to make sure....

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up