Fat belly help!

Posted , 17 users are following.

I've really battled with peri as I have not managed to get on anything really. I've been putting off seeing the Doctor. Anyway, I'm so down today. I bought some clothes to try and cheer me up but my belly is just, well HUGE. 

I know I am supposed to work out daily  for half an hour (apparently) but I hardly ever sleep well and I am absolutely exhausted. The thought of exercising is just well mad for me right now. Please, any help. I;ve lost all confidence coz of my belly and I've stopped going out. 

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No try not too feel that way about yourself, I know it's very hard  confidence when you see your belly, I noticed myself this past year my belly is always bloated it seems too get bloated even when I drink water or tea, your not alone it's very frustrating but you do need too try too get out of the house and maybe meet with friends, at times I am so depressed I make myself call friends and ask too meet them for some wine and girl time, that will really help you!!! As for the belly I've been drinking green tea or peppermint tea lately it seems too help a little. 

• Posted

I've started taking probiotics to see if that helps. I really get the message work out regardless of how you feel. I'll try. Thanks everyone for you input. 

• Posted

Hi

It does not need to be hard cardio all the time try to incorporate that along with weight training..trust me after a couple of weeks your going to feel a huge change. I'm a personal trainer so if you can get to a PT to start you off or a buddy you can go with and start getting a bit of support..I hope you feel better soon it's horrible and would live to know if you feel better with the exercise..

Take care

Pam

• Posted

I understand.  I have a belly problem too.  I too am too tired to exercise.  I need to get out and run.  My sisters are runners and run in marathons.  I wish I had the stamina to go do it.  I turn 50 years old tomorrow.   Not  happy.  Also when I do anything strenuous I bleed heavy.  I really want to go running though.  I've been putting it off and really need to force myself to.  Though I'm not sure if I should.  I have a doctors appointment March 14th.  I would like to go running on my birthday and prove that I'm not that old but maybe I should wait until I've seen the doctor.

?Music helps me not to feel so sad about the birthday thing.  My sister bought me an ipod and I've been filling it with all my favorite music.  I get up and dance to it..  So much fun and I feel as if I am exercising.  So try music  It adds  joy to life.

• Posted

Happy Birthday Lori!

I too have sisters who seem to have more energy than me.

Enjoy your day, listen to music and dance. Start running after you've been checked by your doctor.

• Posted

I saw a lovely movie on Yoga and apparently it actually levels hormones out. It's very anti aging. I love that idea! Yoga also helps our moods, stress etc., how did your Doc visit go? I'm going on Wednesday. 

• Posted

Hi Callianne, I suffer with fatigue, but walking for at least half a day, fast enought to make you arms swing and breathing change, will wake you up, make you feel better and slim down that belly.  Good luck hon x
  • Posted

I have been there and currently fighting to lose a few more pounds.  It is work!!   I hate shopping and rarely go anymore because it is depressing to try clothes on and they don't even look good so I walk out and at times get a shake for comfort!!  Pretty sad!  Last fall I was exhausted, dizzy, hungry, etc..  After a blood test--nothing was wrong so I upped my vitimins-- taking some twice a day.  Even added vinegar in my water.  I made myself start exercising on the floor-- leg lifts, planks, etc..  I did slowly get myself out of whatever it was.   I'm not crazy about getting out either and there are days that I don't leave the house but that's OK.  As long as I'm making an effort.  You can do this--- just take small steps..    

• Posted

Oh how I understand what you're going through. You and everyone else here. I was always on the thin side, had two babies, came back down to my regular weight and BAM! I gained 27 pounds all over from the hormone changes in perimenopause. The worst part is my stomach. I boxed up all my smaller clothes, and I live in yoga pants. I'm pretty tired in the mornings too. My feet hurt so I just can't jump out of bed to exercise. I will go on walks and lift weights, but I have to really push myself. I eat no processed foods or sugar. I'll have a little dark chocolate as a treat once in awhile. I totally understand how you feel. I used to have a rockin' body, but now I'm a rectangle. Hang in there. I've heard after 60 the weight often drops off. sad

• Posted

The good news is apparently when we have come out the other side our bodies do go back somewhat??!! I used to be an hour glass, I didn't appreciate it then. I'm trying a week of steamed food, yoga and ugh! maybe walking. I have a DVD by Leslie Samsone and it's just one mile a day. BLAH. I used to be into exercise a lot, not now. horrible it is. I do eat normally quite healthy, little sugar, no processed foods, no fast foods, no fizzy drinks. I crave salt though during my PMS. I'm sure you are still 'rockin' maybe we just have to be kinder to ourselves. Hugs to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.