FAT CAT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Why is it ,that I have been eating fresh air and boiled potatoes for six

days, I look ,and feel as though I have eaten three Sunday  dinners???

"BLOAT""   .I understand is part of a  Flare  side effect. What  causes it,? 

it's not food, or poo .it's not painful. just unsightly

Mebeverine will flatten it out for a while ,but it returns  ,so it's baggy sweaters to hide it .that makes me look as though I've eaten four sunday

dinners .  Any suggestions  how to flatten it, without using drugs???

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I must admit I am not a great fan of potatoes; they make me feel overfull which I suspect is what you are calling bloat.  Walking should help shift the wind, but that is not always practical either.
    • Posted

Juliet !!!!!!! how can I walk when I'm having probs getting out of bed for a pee  Don't you get any pain ?? x
    • Posted

Eat less, then Juliet.  Potatoes are harmless (see my note to Jac). If you don't like.. don't eat them!  Simple?
    • Posted

I know it hurts honey.  I know.  But movement, simple stretching and gentle twisting of the torso helps, really it does.  If you are laying in bed, lay on one side and gently slowly bring your knees up to your tum.  Turn over and do the other side.  Do this a couple of times each side.  Take your time and be gentle to yourself.
    • Posted

About ten years ago my lifestyle went from active with small meals to inactive with large meals.  I am trying to get back to that level, but hello, dd struck and messed me up completely.  I would gladly go back and have another colonoscopy to see the diverticula, as I am not entirely convinced they are as bad as they said.
    • Posted

This is good advice, and there are yoga moves for releasing wind,

I saw a move on youtube for clearing the colon,

Legs apart about 2.5 feet hands on hips, and while slightly squatting, bend over. Now for hte belly dance.

Pull the right side of your abdomen in to your spine and 'roll' it over to your left side, do this a couple of times,and a couple of times a day.

Another thing is you could try swimming. I could never get out of thepool fast enough before I started blowing bubbles under water. It really gets things moving.

Failing this...Windeze..

• Posted

How does one make a frustrated sign 0n here> !"£$%^&*() that will do for starters

You have ALL jumped on the potato band wagon ,  making it the enemy

I normally do not eat potatoes ,but with this Flare ? Explosion ,I chose  them to  

eat..no. chewing, no digesting ,=no pain no blockage . I In my obvious  misconception thought that bloating was one of the list of Must Haves with this

sodding D.D. It never happened before   (don't forget I am a learner in,dealing

with it's peculirities ) As I really hate taking chemicals (tabs ) I just wondered

if you  lot that were qualified warriors with this bloat might have tried  other

things to deflate the thing Be a bit like sticking a pin in a balloon

O.K. Back to the drawing board   

• Posted

Ooooh Jac - don't think I have not considered the insertion of a hollow needle into an area of - shall we say - expanded skin??  I am lucky to have a running machine, which I can't use, but it also does a very slow amble which is ideal.  It also means I do not have to dress up, or go out in the cold, or have to walk back from somewhere because I have over-estimated the distance.  Just get off the machine.  You can get the non-powered ones very cheaply and they don't take up a lot of room.

The number of potatoes on my plate has dropped significantly since I persuaded hubby that I do not need or want 5 or 6, when 2 or 3 will more than do.

• Posted

Haven't you heard that fresh air is good for you  exclaim If you go for a walk

you can always turn around and return to base. Take the cats with you.

Cycling in the buff is all very well, but a bit dangerous,  Ain't you got any outside trainers ??razz

• Posted

Just read your note to Jon, which made me realise that it's the pouches

or dustbins as I prefer to call them    It's the thought of the possibility of 

one or more rupturing that puts the wind up me (( sorry  faux pas )) this happening could be quite nasty, but how will you know if this has happened? apart from a pain You realise that I am now in fright modeeek

• Posted

Before I go for my next round with the courier I have just got to make a comment on your frustrated sign.  What a load of crap about potatoes. Spuds are (mostly) bland, harmless buggers - ask the Irish (or don't- they might mention the famine).  If you don't like.. don't eat 'em!
    • Posted

What are you on Jon ? I don't recall talking about potatoes. are you

getting your women mixed up ? I eat pots, new ,mashed,  jacket (inside

only) I lived in Southern Ireland for 15 years so there 'aint anything you

can tell me about potatoes Now, Go and bash a courier cheesygrin

• Posted

Speak later to you Fat Cats ,--------going shopping------------- hate it  
  • Posted

Things I love but can no longer eat due to this disease..... pizza, chili, spagetti, fried chicken, jelly beans.. not much left to eat but cant. My sister cannot eat hot peppers and chocolate it will bring on diverticulitis. I could go forever and never want a hot pepper.. Chocolate.... that is all together all together another problem. Is anyone aware of any studies being done on this horrible disease?As a group maybe we can come up with something that will help us all in finding relief and answers in out quest in defeating this disease.
    • Posted

Try reading through ALL the D.D. forums ,including Divi Diners,which 

may help you with your  strange and WRONG intake of food We as a group do help each other ,that is the reason we  started these forums

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.