Fats V Sugar

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, im starting tomorrow but need help first please

I understand you need 30g of Fat a day, and approx 1500 calories but what about sugar, as for example a WW dessert is 3g of Fat (which is good) but may have 25g of sugar, is this ok???

I suffer from dizziness if I dont eat sugar, and needed to know if I going to do this properly.

What is the acceptable level of sugar a day??

Many thanks for any help, im totally confused and want to do this right,

Cheers for the great forum

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

to be perfectly honest with you i only watch the fat, i am mindful of calories but i dont tend to look at sugar, i've lost 2st in 5 months.
  • Posted

Thank you Sparkles, dont want to look at fat, sugar and calories I will lose interest and I dont want to do that, again thanks for your help
  • Posted

no worries, i think to begin with get to know what you can eat in the correct fat content band and then as you become familiar with those you can then look to lower things like sugar smile
  • Posted

Hi

My Dietician said that your intake of sugar and fat should ideally be the same, milk sugars are something totally different but if you can I was reccommended to stick to nothing over 5g of fat or sugar per 100g.

I have now lost five stone four pound so it has definitely worked for me.

Good Luck,

Sasx

• Posted

Thanks for replying Saxs, well done on the weight loss, how long did it take you

Can I please have a list of examples of what you actually eat throughout the day to give me an idea, it would be really useful

at the moment Im having

Ready Brek, Skimmed Milk

Bagel with Ham for lunch

2 x satsumas

Alpro Soya Dessert

and normally a Quorn Bolognaise for dinner, or chicken with vegetables

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

I started my blues in April.

My usual day is;

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with soya milk and two slices of wholemeal toast with a scraping of marge and vegemite.

Lunch: Box of salad with a dollop of low fat cottage cheese, quorn meat sandwich, pckt of weightwatchers crisps, fruit and a muller light yoghurt

Dinner: either tuna pasta; quorn grill, jacket and salad; ravioli; fish, jacket and veg;

As you can see i eat quite a lot at each meal, but then don't eat anything in between except for fruit. I hope this helps.

Sasx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.