Fatty liver or something worse

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I was diagnosed mild hepatic steatosis ( fatty liver) October 2019 via Abdominal CT scan. The liver notes read: Not enlarged, No bile duct dilation, the portal vein is patent, there is mild hepatic steatosis. Late 2018 I was hosptialized due to an inflamed gallbladder apparently caused by an over sized stone. During the gallbladder situation somehow my liver was damaged from a blocked bile duct. So, my gallbladder was removed early 2019. A couple months by and I went in to have my labs and an ultrasound on my liver done and everything was normal. fast forward to the present and for the last couple months Ive been fatigued, have a constant bad taste in my mouth, dizzy spells, a constant gurgling in my stomach and have been very gassy with constipation problems. I guess to get to my question, is it possible the CT scan I had four months ago and the labs and ultrasound to be wrong and instead of having a fatty liver I could have something more sinister going on with my liver like fibrosis or cirrhosis. I dont have dark urine, pale stools or jaundice. I have a history with extreme health anxiety and IBS, so i dont know if Im recognizing the IBS and anxiety symptoms as liver problems or not. I do not use any drugs or alcohol. Thanks for any info.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Your symptoms sound very like an IBS flare up fueled by anxiety. Your liver tests would have shown up the liver problems you fear. Simply, believe your test results. When you have IBS, it is very common to believe that your tests are wrong and something more serious has been missed. The more you worry, the worse your IBS will be. I have IBS, and prior to diagnosis I stressed about every sinister health condition and disbelieved all my negative tests and thought that something devastating had been missed and it was too late to solve it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.