fear

Posted , 3 users are following.

There is truely no fear but fear itself. Fear is a CHOICE but only danger is real. There are no such things as any spirit that a GOOD God does not permit. Stop living by everything that crosses your mind. I am 65 now. Something that was told to me not too long ago was GROW-UP. I wish I had grew up earlier in my life. I have learned that was people can get some VERY dumb things in our mind.....and actually even live by them. At some point I leaned that I had to accept resposibility for my emotions. I am not saying don't seek proffessional help..I woulds  NEVER say that. Just LIVE with common sense and don't run from it. 

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have had Major depression etc. for life  probably..... as I look back. I know how very hard it is to take the high road and like......I mean really like... yourself.

The hardest challenge was to get rid of this stinking thinking; I am not happy so NO ones going to be happy.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, but after thinking about it.......religion aside......... i knew it was a very selfish and yes cowardly way out. This was a bitter pill to swallow as I have went trough some very troubling times.......being fired....being thrown away by 2 wives. Attempts to drum me out of a career job for no reason other than me being a male.............silbling trouble......fight when I was trying to do the right thing........loneliness that was like a heavymist.....all kinds of mental and physical anguish. I could even go on and on, but no victim here.

I thought about all the people I would disappoint..........my daughters etc. That I would not be there for them in the future.

I still have some stinking thoughs like that. When I do, I resort to asking for help from a higher power.

forgive my spelling,

David

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry to say but there is not many victories celebations in doing the right things for your family. In fact, it can be alwful hollow until you see the traedoff in what you do unselfishly; see the benefit that you have done. Have faith though..it will come when you least expect it. Also, it will become easier and easier.....but LATER when you look back.

See you later

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

David, Im 44 years old, and what you have wrote, is identical to what I would put about myself.

Infact I lost my job last week, put down to budget cuts, but was more to do with me letting my childish boss know he was an out and out liar on more than one occasion (the truth hurts). 

I have had many attempts to work for myself, had some good oppotunities, but self doubt, depression and anxiety soon set in and it falls apart.

I recently started to look at older folks, ie, my parents (65) generation and older , and wonder how they have kept it together mentally their entire lives, and be relatively happy 

I often wonder will I make it (to old age) and look back to this time of my life, as part of life itself

I now know that I control my thinking, and anxiety, but it is hard work to keep it undercontrol but it will get easier and hopefully a thing of the past at some point 

I have a great wife who has been a rock, while I have been going through this ,and this site and folk like you who prove to us, we can get through it

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It appened again;they powers that be erased my response and it was a long one, Without going through it again its sumed up be forgiving yourself as God as has. Do not lean to your own understanding.Just like in maital relation ALWAYS give more than you get.

Gog bless you!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up