Fear and apprehension part of getting on celexa?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Lately I'm experiencing fear of being alone, apprehension of going places etc. Anyone else experience this? Is it just part of process?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

HI Nancy yes I would say this is pretty common for this drug. How long have you been on it.  I experienced very bad anxiety and fear for the first 4 months think it is common side effect . Much love and blessings. Hope it will pass x x 
    • Posted

Going into my 4th wk. I know it takes time. On lorazapam too. You would think that would help more. Just hit me hard this morn. Going to pray in Jesus's name. The devil is trying hard this morn. Bless you

• Posted

When I've suffered anxiety, and I am again after 3 years of being well, I hate being alone, I don't know why, it's like the worst thing in the world for me. I've been like it for 3 days now, I don't know what to do.

• Posted

For some reason, I'm feeling the same thing. I've always been fine by myself. Went off celexa a few months ago. Just starting 4th week. Hope it gets better for you. We'll pray together. In Jesus's name I pray you'll remove this fear from both our lives and replace it with peace. Amen

• Posted

That's really kind of you, god willing we will both be better , plz feel free to send me a private message , we can help each other through, I know talking to Simone who understands does help me a lot xx

• Posted

Please add me to your prayers too for no more drug side effects. Thank you
  • Posted

Hi

Maybe it is a part of your anxiety?

I have been paralised by fear of being alone at home and this is what made me take celexa in the first palce. I had the most terryfying panic attacks about staying at home alone. Normally I am a very independent person who feels good in own company. Before I had panic I was suffering from anxiety for a year.

My psychotherapist says that it is a very subconcious reaction as panic is closely linked to feeling lonely- our subcortex perceives being alone as a threat, as in our animal instincts being alone is a direct threat to life. So when your brain is wired for fear anyway, this primary instinct kicks in.

I still struggle with the panic, albeit it is more managable. I only take 10mg of celexa.

• Posted

First off, how long has it been since you started?

With that being said, one thing I would like to say is that, let's not forget why we are taking these medicines. Our brain/thinking is not working correctly. Either by lifelong, habitual, mostly negative thought patterns. Or by physical, psychological problems (brain is actually lacking in dopamine, seretonin, or shooting to much, or not enough). OR....A combination of both most likely.

The point is, I think too many people, my self included, and here is my educated guess...ARE NOT AWARE THAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH A MENTAL/NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!! OR SOMETHING OF THE SORT. Now, I don't mean to scare you, even though, if you are going thru some sort of GAD, it is probably impossible. LOL

The celexa is not necessarily the problem, your over thinking brain is!!!

Relax, pray for God to help you, in Jesus name!!!

• Posted

Going into 4th week, also on lorazapam. For some reason this morning I woke up with more fear than usual. Going to read my bible and pray. I know its going to be a while before I feel better. Just hit me hard this morn. Thanks for the reality check. Bless you all.
    • Posted

Thanks James that all makes sense please pray for me to be free from all fear in Js name
    • Posted

I have and will gilip. Remember, your brain is tricking you. Don't believe your brain right now. I know it's hard to fathom. Scripture says the flesh is at war against the Spirit, and the Spirit is at war against the flesh! Measure what your fear is saying, against God's word! Fear loses every time. FEAR(SATAN) IS A LIAR!!!

Fear is not of God!

• Posted

Thanks for the reminder, I am turning to my bible daily and telling Satan to be gone. I believe what your saying, we can't trust our brains right now. And your right, Satan is trying to get in there and cause the fear. Its just really hard sometimes to make him go away. Bless you

• Posted

Eventually the celexa will cast that demon..I pray for every one struggling with this horrible invisible illness..
    • Posted

Still can't figure out how to private message someone, help please and I also pray for everyone fighting the demons. Thank you

• Posted

Lol me too I feel you find out how to private message someone please tell me!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.