Fear of body not working anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone ever had the fear of their limbs just going weak and basically not working anymore along with worrying that your brain won't send signals to your mouth so you won't be able to get any words out? 

Basically trapped per in your own body? 

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of others who have suffered from this, but personally I have no experience of it.

Having spoken to some of them, the concensus of opinion is that these thoughts can be caused by obscure anxieties, and can usually be sorted out by a trip to the family doctor.

Best wishes

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes !! And also the fear like it sounds crazy but everything goes black and you can hear everything around you I even get the feeling as though it's happening like when I think about it my whole body starts to feels it's going to shut off its disturbing ad scary but I'm so glad you wrote this thought I was only one xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I get so scared and nothing feels right!!! I don't even feel like I'm on this planet anymore! I feel like this is taking over my brain!!! I'm constantly checking to see if everything is still working on my body sad xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm the same always checking my fingers arm ect to make sure there working ok .

I have like 1000 more fears aswell though I feel as though anxiety and these horrible thoughts and fears have tool everything away from me like I am now just anxiety of that makes sence 😢 it's not nice at all !!

Did you fear start off after experiencing anything or looking up anything or just come on its own xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I do too but I don't know if I'm coming down with something .

Aww noo I don't know what brings mine on either I do know I Googled last year and it came up with something I dint want to hear so I started to belive I had it which maybe that's where my fear of it came from but I don't know xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I do!!!!!!!! Have you seen a psychologist?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea, I've been to several psychologists and psychiatrists because I was quite sure it wasn't just anxiety, but it is smile citalopram helps a bit, but more so just keeping my mind off it as best as I can. Anxiety truly causes us to over focus on one slight symptom, and then it is magnified and we can't let go.

Were you diagnosed?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up