Fear of Brain Tumour

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello there,

I just registered specifically for this issue that i am having.

Im an 17 year old male, who's normally very healthy

Over the last few months I have been having issues with my health

I noticed around the Christmas holidays that i had a constant headache and generally feeling unwell,this lasted for a week whole i went to the GP who said to have a blood test, he didnt really seem to suspect anything serious but he did a test, everything came back normal so i kind of dealt with it. Then i noticed i had a week or two where i was constantly nauseas, espically in the morning

This leads to this headache which has come back on one side and much more painful than before, i still have the nausea, the headache worsens when l bend down, i noticed in school that i was typing the wrong keys on the keyboard and felt as if i was writing the wrong words, i feel as if my memory isnt as good, noticing my stronger right side is becoming weak, i feel as if im bumping into things and losing my balance

I went back to the GP, again nothing was suspected, he said it was a migraine but ive never had a migraine before so i said this, he felt pushed into giving me a scan so that is coming up.

I thought id share this because it has really got me feeling down, i have missed days of school and thinking how will i cope

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anxiety did this to me. But, get an MRI to rule out tumor.
    • Posted

The GP did book the scan, i dont know whether it is a MRI or not but i will definitely take it
  • Posted

Hi. I’m an 18 year old girl normally healthy as well. Around Christmas time I got symptoms of feeling lightheaded, they went awake for a few weeks and came back worse. Now everyday I feel either like I have brains fog, lightheadedness, bad head pressure, and numbness on face. I myself freak myself out and think I have a brain tumor. The best thing you can do is just wait for your results before you get worried. Don’t google your symptoms! It will only make the fear worse. Start journaling whenever you feel this way and what happens. I have gone to ER and they drew my blood and said everything was fine. I am now going to a GP on Monday to try to get whatever is going on with me figured out. I am here if you need anything, wishing you the best. Just know you aren’t alone, I feel the same way. I am sure it is anxiety fueled. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply and your concern, it is really playing on my mind alot, its difficult to sleep, im waking up a few times during the night. I will try to remain positive and stay strong through this
    • Posted

Same here!! My sleep is so corrupt because of this. Hang tough we will make it through smile
    • Posted

I will, again i am truly thankful for you replying here!! We will!!
  • Posted

It is really amazing what symptoms anxiety can cause.  But you need test to rule out anything physical before assuming it's anxiety.

• Posted

Each time i had gone to the doctors they preformed the standard tests (my most recent appointment the GP did nothing apart from BP test) Those times the tests were fine, no pressure behind eyes or anything like that. But this time around everything feels alot mpre worse and intense
    • Posted

When doctors learn that you have anxiety they assume every time you come in that's anxiety.  In a lot of cases this is true.  But an MRI  is the best way to find out if something is wrong.  Hopefully they find nothing.  Let us know.

• Posted

I get you, but this GP didnt really pay attention, i do salute him for giving me the scan as he put the question to me but i could tell it was sort of a last resort scenario. He did say scan though i dont know what scan it could be MRI or CT? Appreciate your reply and i will definitely keep you updated (i have seen a lot of threads on here are not concluded)
  • Posted

Have your scan and when you get your results, they are normal put it down to Anxiety.

Have you had your eyes checked in the last two years, if not make an appointment and have them checked

If your eyes are tired they may need glasses Headaches can be caused by eye strain you may start missing your kbd 

After your test ask the Reception if you can have a copy of the letter that will be sent to your GP. You will only need to ask once. You will then get copies of correspondence every time you go for hospital appointments  when you get your copy make an appointment too see your GP. You will then be able to discuss the hospital findings together because you will both have copies f their findings

BOB

BOB

• Posted

I did have my eyes tested over the Christmas period and was told my right eye is weaker than left apart from that my eyes looked healthy. I have been prescribed glasses and have been wearing them, did notice a slight improvement in overall feeling but with this recent issue i feel so rough
  • Posted

just try and stay calm, everything will be okay & everything will get figured out 

smile hopfully it is just miragines because then you could take certain meds for that, i really hope your scan goes well and everything is well with you, take care smile

• Posted

I really appreciate this!!! I am trying hard to stay positive, its difficult but ill try!!!
  • Posted

I feel as if I'm getting worse like, but I've been to numerous doctors who think nothing is wrong. The scan seems so far away as i haven't recieved the letter. Its really got me down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.