Fear of death

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over the past few weeks all I have been having thoughts of is dying and death. I am in my mid 20s and recently I see people of similar age passing away and it really made me think that could be me.

I have been having counselling for health anxiety but this seems different and I have visions of seeing things wrote like RIP mate on my fbook! I feel like I am going crazy! Does anyone else have these thoughts or am I alone?

I am seeing my doctor next week and also my counsellor ... This seems really crazy and if it was any f my friends I would think they were being silly. However due to me having these thoughts I feel scared of death! ! I've been googling all sorts of cancer and immortality!

Does it pass? Any help would or advice would be great

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I'm 20 and I'm having the exact same anxious thoughts- I see all over Facebook people my age passing away, before it would not cross my mind that it could be me but now I'm terrified that it could so easily happen to me. I can't sleep at night cause I'm scared I will die in my sleep (sounds ridiculous I know) but I am getting better, I can sleep better I got kalms natural tablets! I'm going to CBT soon as my cousin also felt the same but she said CBT really really helped her so I'm hoping it will help me as much!
  • Posted

I have the same fear and I'm 24. sad I hate it. I don't know how to fix it but you're not alone
  • Posted

currently going through this and im 27.... this all started after the passing of my grandma (about a year and half ago) who i was very close to. did you lose anyone close to you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.