Fear of death

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,Im 17 and ive struggled with anxiety for a while,almost 8 years or even more. Ive always feared that im sick or that im going to die,but there has been a month since i feel like im going to die. I mean,im very sure that im going to die,it feels real,but i wonder if its just my anxiety. I had some emotional problems in the past month,everything turned out ok,but i had days when i didnt eat at all and i saw my doctor and she told me that i have hypocalemia and it can also be anemia. I feel weird,dizzy,i have vertigo and i feel like im going to fall over,i feel weak,im sensible to light,im easily irritated,im scared that im going to faint or die. Does anyone feels like this? Like they are going to die and this feeling is very intense and feels very real? Or its really that im sick and im going to die? Sometimes i feel like im not going to make it to the next day. I havent seelpt well in a while,i feel tired and i have these feelings everyday and i wonder if its anxiety or its real. Can someone help me? Im lost and confused

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think it's your anxiety. Also if you have anemia that can definitely make you feel tired and unwell. Anxiety can also make you feel like you are coming down with something like the flu etc. even though you're not. I experience this myself. I've also had low ferritin, which is low iron stores. My level was a 7!!! It's supposed to be at the lowest for your body to function properly around 60 or a little more. I had to have IV iron infusion and it actually got it up too high, but it has come down now. I've also learned recently that anemia can cause anxiety.
  • Posted

You are not alone. I have health anxiety and because of this I have a very real fear of death. Oddly enough, it helps me to say "everyone is going to die at some point or another. For now every Dr I have seen has told me I am perfectly healthy." I'm not going to say that I have overcome my fear of death, because I think it is a healthy fear. But right now, you are young. I am sure you are physically healthy, but anxiety plays tricks on your mind, and physically harms your body. If you looks up depression symptoms, loss of appetite, loss of energy, light sensitivity are all symptoms. I would discuss this with your Dr, and if you don't want to take medication, try some yoga or therapy. For me, keeping my mind busy with other things really really helps.
  • Posted

Your not alone... Be brave... I know what you feel I been there many times... It's really hard...
  • Posted

Such a Young age to be worried about stuff like this it's terrible !!! But as I sit here now suffering with my own anxiety feeling awful about all the symptoms my body is goin threw I know deep down I'll still be alive and well tomorrow teady to fight through another day !!! I been suffering for 15 years now Hun one way or another the last years been the hardest for me personally but I'm still not giving in !! My own mind won't beat me and has I write this my heavy head eased with the pressure it carries most days ... To reassure yourself of positive thoughts helps so much ,, don't let this demon consume you be strong and fight hard I hope you got good support from friends and family but if you carnt talk to them cuz you find it hard ,,, we always here as a group !!!
    • Posted

Have it ever happened to you to feel like you are sure you are going to die and then you wait and youre anxious and then nothing happens? Because i fear that is a sign of dying. When i was little i heard someone died in their sleep and since then i fear sleep. I fear dying,i fear that im sick and i also fear that this feeling of fear of dying that is so intense is a sign of dying. 
    • Posted

IT happens to me all the time sweet thinking I'm Gona die !! What we see when young and hear can last forever in is all we need is a little trigger and its there ,,, when I wrote my first post to you I thought the same about myself !! But only cuz I was having a head ache lol but I'm still here to talk to you now !!! Finding a good distraction is key to help your mind and body relax so you can over come the moment of thought ...? I love candy crush and reading also driving is brill because your mind has to concerns trate on something else other than sitting there winding yourself up with all the horrible panic ,,, I promis you that with a good distraction you will get peace !! Even if it only works for you for half hour you then know your ok !!! Try it Hun see how you are with a good distraction xx
  • Posted

Hello Andreea,

So sorry you feeling like this. You have been struggling for a long time. Have you had professional mental health assessment? Pehaps you can ask your doctor to help. HypoGlycemia alone "low blood sugar" can make you gittery and dizzy and even faint if not controlled, But fear of death is another issue. Most people who experience ongoing medical problems can develop anxiety and even depression especially at a young age. Don't worry yourself, Hypoglycemia is not going to kill you if it is under control and remember we are all born to this world and all going to pass on at some point in time, nothing to fear and nothing to worry about at your age now especially if you are under the care of a doctor who is looking after your medical problems. 

I suggest you ask your doctor to find a good counselor in your area to help you sort out your feelings and symptoms. Good luckrazz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.