Fear of dying & disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey every one hope u all r doing good... I have a fear of dying from may be last 1t years it was coming and going according to situations i am 30 years old male but from last 2 years i have came and stayed like forever i have always fear of getting heart attack i am always checking my symptoms like any pain in chest area or arm or neck or headache and I am thinking that's it i am gonna have a heart attack and every day very minute... I am always feeling dizzy or like i will pass out but actually it never happened till now... I have any pain in lower colon it is chance of headache is a tumor or a digestion problem with stomach pain is stomach chancer... I took citalopram for 6 months it was helpfully to some extent now I am taking zoloft 50 mg from last one month but no effect at all or may be very little to even notice??? Am I alone in this world to feel like that?? What should I do????? 😢?😭

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have health anxiety .  It starts with general anxiety which leads to negative thinking which leads to fear.   It is not based on fact or reality. In other words, there is no proof that you have cancer or a heart problem or  anything else. It is simply your mind going to the negative and worst-case scenario.

We are not our thoughts. Thoughts come and go all day long whether we want them to or not. But we can be in control of them.

When you get a negative or scary thought, simply observe it for a few seconds, then watch it pass by or dissolve.  Dont try to fight it off because that will make everything worse.  Calmly acknowledge it. But you have the role of the Observer.  

Let the bad thoughts just float on by. 

You cannot let it control your life otherwise you will be constantly fighting this and not enjoying your life .

Heart attack in a young person is unheard of.

people get all kinds of aches and pains and the vast majority Are harmless.

THE Symptoms ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is unmanaged anxiety which leads to the symptoms!  

SYMPTOMS=Your body telling you that you have too much stress . 

Listen to meditations on you tube for anxiety and overthinking. 

You are a healthy young man. Stop overthinking!  Live your life.

Get counseling if you struggle.

• Posted

Thank u so much for giving such a brief answer... I will try to use ur advice.... I have had 2 time echocardiography and treadmill test and atleast 10 times ECG in last 1.9 years which all came normal ALHAMDULILLAH still i am thinking about it can't really control it and also I always have pain in left side chest arm shoulder armpit abdomen not at the same time off course and are for seconds but it triggers the anxiety and fear... thanx a lot again will appreciate if u give me more this kind of assurance and advice...

• Posted

Same I'm 18 and I feel like I won't live a couple months 🙄 And it's 4 am and I can't fall asleep 

• Posted

to help u understand watch the lindon method on youtube

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.