Fear of heart problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im new here but a few weeks back chest pain started and i went to the er and they ran an ekg and it was fine but my chest pain just kept coming and i went a few more times then went to the cardiologist and he kinda looked at me and said he didnt think it was my heart so he didnt want to do an echo so he gave me a stress test that came back normal but i just am still in pain and cant get it out of my head and i wanted to know what u people think heres all my symptoms

Chest pain left side sometimes even right or middle

Sometimes sharp achy or burning

Stomach pain

Alot of burping and gas

Shoulder/ arm pain

Leg pain

Random body parts twitching

Heart palpitations- racing beating hard skipped beats feeling

Dizzy lightheaded

Only back pain in back left lat

And sometimes pain in my fingers

Weird stuff but thats all i can think of right now so tell me what u guys think

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I knew i would forget something sometimes the pain is under my armpit too
    • Posted

Hi John,

You sound just like me. Ive had all those symptoms you are mentioning and still do. I've had them since February. I've had multiple EKG. An echo. And this Thursday I have an Stress Test. I've gone to 2 cardiologist. They both said it's not my heart. One of thhem told me it might be stomach issues. So if they both said it's not my heart thenm it's probably not. If I don't stop worrrying about it I'm not gonna lI've a normal life. I bet your fine. I have my good days and bad days. And I'm still kicking and breathing.

• Posted

Hi I get all your symptoms you have listed these started a month ago when I think the worst of my anxiety started I'm was sure I was very ill but I'm still here and feel much better just get the odd symptom known again but yes I do understand how you feel. I had an anxiety attacks this afternoon and all them symptoms you explained I had, I have Still got chest pain and back pain now. At first I was worried as it all came on at once and was bit worried as all pain was on one side. Hope this helps.

• Posted

you need a Dr's assessment this forum cannot deal with all these details.

• Posted

have you been to your own doctor for a full exam and bloodwork? There is no way to write anything off with the exam first. Did they check you for anything besdies your heart at the er? What did they say?
    • Posted

No blood work but they did do a chest xray and still couldn't find anything

• Posted

Have you taken any kind of medication? Talk to your pharmacist. Perhaps an antacid can help you.
  • Posted

All your symptoms could be anxiety and stress. The pain in your chest and under armpit could be gas...very painful. When we are highly stressed our digestive system shuts down to some extent, so food is not digesting, and that equals gas.

Having said that, so that you will know whats wrong (not knowing is the scariest part.) You should have a full check up, and or go to a psychiatrist for an anxiety eveluation. Psychiatrists are also medical doctors. Honey, you really need an experts answer on what it is.

We are and will be here to help, encourage, and cheer you on with ideas on how to help yourself....once we all know what it is.

In the meantime, get some chamomlle to to calm you down. (a great natural safe sedative (unles you allergic to the ragweed family of plants). Do some natural breathing, get at least a little exersize, drink plenty of water, eat lightly and try not to worry while you wait for your doctor's appt. A big hug to you, John

• Posted

Your not alone I deal with all your symptoms for months now on a daily basis and like you I've been to er and had ekgs. Yes it's all scary and the hardest part is believing it's anxiety

• Posted

To John, also.

Exactly right on the nose, Pamela.....believing it is anxiety is the first and hardest hurdle to overcome. Well said.

• Posted

Thing for me is I've always had anxiety it's just totally different now and that's what makes it hard to believe but therapy second time around I'm trying

• Posted

Yes you are, and I am proud of you.

The same way some people have to learn to have a full life in spite of diabetes, heart murmer, thyroid problems, a gimpy leg, etc., we here need to learn how to have a full life with anxiety. That's the real goal...how do I go about really living my life. Everyone here is doing that very thing...learning.

If you take the time to scroll through other discussions you will learn a lot, as well as here. We have experiences, can uplift and support each other, teach and learn from each other, and just plain be here for each other.

Glad you are here, Pamela, honey.wink

• Posted

Thank you very much I like this forum alot because I've been to a few and this one no matter what always responds to people and helps the best they can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.