Fed up 5 mnths on!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi i posted on here lots just after my tkr and havent done for a while now but to be honest am totaly fed up! Any help gratelly appreciated! I feel like im going slowly round the bend.

Iv struggled walking and stil cant walk a distance now! I am unaided and dont get me wrong have come a massively long way! But when i pass people at work i havent seen for a while i get the same response all the time. Because im limping so badly they always cant believe iv had knee op in feb! They always tell me i should be walking better by now! Its soul destroying im stil doing my exercises and strengthening my knee but it feels so awkward and stiff i cant walk any better i concentrate on heal toe technique bending knee etc wil i evei walk any better! Sad face!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you to all for your encouraging replies. No one who hasnt had this surgery knows how we feel. We wil all have good days bad days and better days! Im not going to comment jo anyone who tells me they thought i would be walking better! At least i can get about and work! Positivity ! Thanks
  • Posted

Do your best each day. Ignorant individuals don't know how far you've come. Don't let their ignorance control your day or how you feel. Keep your head held high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.