Fed up

Posted , 10 users are following.

its 6moths now since Tkr then manulipulation .still in a lot of pain limping badly ,can walk far, can't dance. how I love to dance. Can't go back to work .no energy life sucks , wish I never had it done .

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so sorry, Lesley. How frustrating for you. I wish I had some advice to offer but after 2 TKR (8 years apart and almost 8 weeks post op now and both completely different and this one much more difficult), I can only offer my hugs and prayers. I sincerely hope the doctor can find a plan of some relief for you at you upcoming appointment. Perhaps you can get your appointment moved up sooner? Could you request a second opinion from your insurance? Best wishes to you, please keep us updated.
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, 6 months is actually very early in this long process.  You need to do the exercises and keep your expectations lower.  Your time re-starts after the MUA also. It will definitely improve.  Focus on what you can do, not what you can't do. My first TKR was 18 months ago and my 2nd TKR was 2 months ago.  I do all the exercises on both sides because I still have plenty of pain in the first knee.  This is totally normal.  It's improving now because it doesn't any longer have to do the work of 2 legs.  It takes time.  Relax with it. and just do the work and suck it up sister.  It's way too early to be so negative.  Your life won't suck, the pain will go. Keep working at it.

• Posted

Yes can relate to your situation I've been five months postop and I still have pain and swelling in therapy they become so buried on your mind, but keep the faith and the doctor said it take 1 years for everything back to normal..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.