Fed up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a stomach virus about 2 weeks ago and I feel that my ibs has flared up since this. I feel my stomach is always tied in knots and I’m burping a lot.   I am really anxious about all this and  feel a lot of my problems are stemming from my anxiety. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking antispasmodics and painkillers for your pain?  Try avoiding gassy vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts and cut out fizzy drinks.  Barcarbonate of soda, Windeze and milk are alll good for wind.  Try distraction techniques to help take your mind off your stomach such as walking or talking up a hobby.
    • Posted

colafac tabs are brilliant prescibed by gp hope you feel better soon xx
    • Posted

Unfortunately, I can’t take Colefac because it is Mebeverine based which upsets my stomach, causing severe indigestion and makes my constipation worse.  Buscopsn works best for me.
  • Posted

anxiousness flares up IBS 100%, stress is worst thing, leave all dairy take lactose free dairy and check it out.

i'm suffering from IBS for long but was detected last year, i went for colonoscopy last month it shows i'm fine.

i've noticed IBS remains no matter how much you try to be normal in the day and i dont know what flares up till today.

i went on complete boiled food for few days excluding vegetables, i was settled. 

IBS normally flares up more with stress and anxiety.

its never ending.

work your life around it, as its never ending.

its confusing what food to take and what not to, i'm also lactose intolerant, i noticed that any food i eat that contains tomato flares my IBS.

its very confusing but now i've moved on.... one day good out of 7 days, i;ve accepted and work around it and move on. i try not to stress myself over this but soon as you wake up you have other stress that awaits you, so there's no one who can claim a stress free life!

it's annoying, it's scary when you travelling, i prepare before travelling not to eat anything but boiled chicken with curry powder, garlic and salt with rice to fill me for few days, or with bisto gravy and garlic and salt. no tomatoes containing foods.   

i eat banana with empty stomach before lunch.

life is full of stress, i tell everyone not to stress me up in the family but i general have normal stress of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.