Fed up feeling like this!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ... I have suffered with anxiety for a few years but just recently it is getting worse! Docs gave me some meds but I had a bad reaction to them causing me to have a massive panic attack in my car! So now I am on waiting list for CBT. It's draining me and now I tense my stomach like I pull it in so it feels like someone is giving chest compression which makes my chest hurt! That's the only way I can explain it? Does anyone else have this issue? And now I don't go out to eat as get funny heads and feeling like I'm choking and can't swallow! Just had enough now! And advise would be great!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim omg I literally saw this post and thought it was one of my old posts because like you I had bad reaction to meds and I also struggle to eat in public because I can't swallow my food and my mouth goes all dry. I'm also waiting for counselling because CBT didn't help me. I don't have any advice other than to do things at your own pace and no one elses and also to not avoid places to eat constantly and to try and eat out every so often so your not fully avoiding it. When did your anxiety start and the eating problems?x
    • Posted

Hi thank you for getting back to me... It's been going on for years but I didn't realise at first what it was! But getting worse and the eating thing has been about a year I suppose?
  • Posted

This sounds like nervous anxiety to me! :-( Nerves can do awful things to us / our bodies and give us awful, terrible sensations. 

Have you tried any other medication? It may just be that that type didn't suit you. I remember years ago, being put on Prozac which gave me the most terrible migraine that I was bed-bound for at least 2 days. So they took me off them and gave me some different medication, which did help me. 

Strangely enough, some years later, while suffering with a relapse of depression, I was prescribed prozac again, which I was reluctant to take. (I would have asked for something else if I hadn't got it from the chemist before I realised what I had been prescribed). However, this time I had no migraines! Plus it worked for me. 

This made me wonder whether the migraine that I had suffered hadn't been a release of tension. (This may sound strange, but for instance if I have a good, shoulder shuddering cry - like I think we all need from time to time, for whatever reason) then I get a headache after doing this as well - I presume it is for the same reason, that I am releasing all the tension that has built up in me. (I may be wrong of course). 

Sorry - a very long-winded way of saying that different medication may help! 

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply - it's kinda put me off meds now 😳 but I will wait for the CBT and see if that makes a difference

X

• Posted

Hi Kim it may be worth going to health food shop there is a drop for fear that you put in bottle of water then sip it as you need it during the day hope helps

• Posted

This is exactly like me I press my elbow against my side so hard wen I wound up my anxiety is all in my stomach causes me to get chest pains and vack pains dizzy and hard to swallow I also had a bad reaction to meds u have been doing guided medatation vids in YouTube didn't think I'd ever be into it but it's really helping me as I don't want to use meds just put headphones in lie in bed listen to one of the vids it really relaxes me and symptoms go it's not for everyone but iv enjoyed it I'm also on waiting list for cbt
    • Posted

Hi .. They sound a good idea! As I read a self help book and it helped a bit. My dad has just orderd me the Paul McKenna book and Cd 😝
    • Posted

Yeah deffo give it a try I think it help to relax and in turn make you panick less hope it helps
    • Posted

Thank you and hope the CBT helps you? When is yours due to start?

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.