Fed up with my bladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Eight weeks on from having a rectocele and enterocele op my bladder has been playing up . At first I thought that I had a bladder infection but tests came back negative. The surgeon had noted before the op that my cystocele was noticeable but did not rpair at same time as other as would have been too complicated. Having seen the GP again today she has sent my surgeon a letter to see if he can bring forward my appointment from March as she thinks it is cystocele causing the problem. I am so fed up. I dare not leave the house for long as both my bowel and bladder are completely unreliable.

GP told me to drink only water and eat less fruit and veg temporarily and if bowel still bad after a day to take Immodium.I had stopped taking Lavido stool softener two days ago but I am terrified of going the other way and becoming constipated!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I saw the GP again yesterday-still having the urgency with passing urine so she wrote me an urgent referral to a urologist and for a pelvic scan to see what is going on-also bloods to check kidneys. She said that to do the pelvic scan they like you to drink loads of water and not pass urine-well that will be fun!!!!!!! It just seems strange that so many of us seem to have these similar symptoms!
    • Posted

Yes definitely. I am going back to gp today I have finished antibiotics and still no better. I still have constant urge to pee and burning pain in abdomen was up all night with it. Hope you don't have to wait to long for appt.

• Posted

I got the earliest appointment which is Feb 15th (online appointment system) but I am hoping when they read the GP referral that they ring me and make it earlier!
    • Posted

Have you been to GP today-what news?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.