Fed up with the fuzzy head

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering with a version of depression for as long as I can remember, I have been on many different tablets non of which have made much of a difference in the long run. But the thing I've noticed most lately is my inability to think straight anymore. I thought it must be because I'm out of my depth or not clever enough but I'm struggling with simple things these days and I don't know how to fix it. It is making me feel worse as I fee even more useless.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

It could be the meds as the same thing happened to me when I was on them

• Posted

Hi K,

Before I was first diagnosed with bbi-polar disorder I suffered severe depression. Even a few suicide attempts. The doctors put me in the psych ward to try me on various medications to relieve my depression. It wasn't until they tried me on Lithium that I snapped out of it. Then My new psychiatrist added some mood stabilizers. The depression pretty well left me. I have to admit that the Lithium left me without emotions at all. No lows and no highs... just blah! The mood stabilizers she put me on were carbamazepine and divalproex. Still no depression. Mood stabilizers work wonders. Talk to your doctor about the posibility of being put on mood stabilizers instead of anti depressants. But start with Lithium to erase the severe depression. It's been around for many years and usually works wonders for people. See what your doctor says.

Good luck and God bless you in the future! xxoo

• Posted

Hi K,

It was the hospital psychiatric ward that diagnosed me with bi-polar illness. Within a week I was released and put under the care of a great psychiatrist who saw me on a weekly basis. She even confronted me ehile I was under the control of the mood stabilizers. She said, "Mike, stop thinking of yourself as a VICTIM and think of yourself as a SURVIVOR. From that day forward my depression left me. The medication WAS working wonders.

• Posted

Wellmedication can make your head fuzzy, or perhaps in your case, it is the depression that makes you feel like that.  Depression does muddle our thinking snd lots of other things.

Have you spoken to your doctor about the fuzzy head?

• Posted

I do need to go back to the doctor, the med's I'm in at the moment are not right, I feel like I want to sleep all the time to try and clear my head but I've tried that it doesn't work.

Thanks for you advice

K

• Posted

I do think its the meds, i only take mine when im really in a lot of pain as i find stress triggers my condition (Trigeminal Neuralgia ) so i meditate and leave the things that stress me and it is really is starting to work or i would just be fuzzed out all the time,Thats the trouble with meds it should only be short term and look for another none med that helps you cope  
    • Posted

Thing is if you are tsaking anti depressants you have to tsake them every day.  They are not like pain killers which you take when necessary.  Your body does not know what it happeneing to it.  It is having withdrawal every time you don't take the tablet. 

If you take the medication every day hopefully your head won't be fuzzy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.