Feel bad after eating

Posted , 3 users are following.

So after I eat I notice my heart rate speeds up. Often my chest feels full. Occasional random pains that I believe are gas pains. If I'm sitting I can feel these sensations. If I am up moving around, cleaning or just walking in a store I feel my heart rate get higher and sort of breathless like when you are doing a work out and talking to a friend. It usually starts within 20 minutes after eating and lasts another 30-45 minutes. I do have all sorts of upper tummy gas. Lots of belching, been like that for years. So being an anxious person, I'm wondering if it's a problem with my heart or upper GI. Has anyone else had these sensations?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Chest pressure is very common with acid reflux, are you taking any ppi

• Posted

No. I've tried nexium and prilosec and both made me feel worse. I think i'm going to try prevacid and see how it goes.

• Posted

You sound like me, I thought I was taking a heart attack yesterday, I had terrible pain at the  heart, my oesophagus was so painful, I had severe acid reflux, to cut a long story short, I was in agony. 
    • Posted

I have not had the tests done yet for upper gi. I'm terrified of anesthesia. I did my colonoscopy recently without anesthesia but I know I can't do the endoscope without it. My mom has hiatal hernia (sorry if I misspelled) and she said it sounds a lot like ther symptoms she gets. I'm going to try prevacid and see what happens. Nexium and prilosec made me feel worse.

• Posted

Sorry you're feeling so bad. I can definitely relate.

• Posted

Hi Kate

Yes, I talke Lansoprazole, but I try not to take them on a regular basis because of their nasty side effects, I’ve tried everything, but nothing works. I’m always in pain, my best time is when I’m 😴 sleeping. I only know of Gastritis at this moment in time, and biliary problems. Waiting in app with gastroenterologist. 😁

• Posted

Thanks Bri

There seems to be a lot of us in this forum that’s in agony with our digestion. Not surprised with our western diet. Hope your able to get some sort of relief, as it’s so stressful having stomach complaints in a regular basis, we have to eat to live, it’s not like it’s something we can avoid doing, as always it’s down to us in the end to change our diet, but for some, it’s easier said than done. I know I’m struggling to eat healthy. 😬

• Posted

Hi gillian. I was on omeprazole for two years and like you got very scared of side effects so about feeling a ve weeks ago I stopped taking them and I'm taking ranitidine now twice a day I feel so much better, no choking, burning etc, I'm. Just hoping I stay this way as I know it can hit with a bang again anytime, I'm much more relaxed too knowing I'm off ppi for now at least

• Posted

Sorry that was meant to say five weeks ago
    • Posted

I’m on Ranitidine now as well Kate, I don’t think it’s as effective as Lansoprazole, but when your in agony it works ok as long as you have 2 a day. Yes, it great to get off those horrible PPI’s. 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.