Feel desperate with anxiety please someone talk to me

Posted , 6 users are following.

can anyone give me the best advice for getting out of bad spiral without having to take one of my lorazepam I only have five left and doctor said no more when they go they are only 1mg but they seem to be the only thing that takes the edge off HELP

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried writing down your feelings and thoughts on paper? I know it is difficult at first but I usually rate my anxiety...80% if it is strong etc. Also...what triggered it...write everything down.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying I don't know what triggered it it's pretty much high all of the time, I did eat two chocolate biscuits as I'm trying to keep my weight up as I never feel hungry, most of the time I try to eat healthy wondered if it could have been the sugar?
    • Posted

Are you there? Please chat it gives me something yo concentrate on.
  • Posted

Hi karen

Doc prescribed me lorazepam and have only taken a few but seems they help with my heart when it sets off.

Have you tried taking just half a tablet rather than a whole to see how that makes you feel? Find that helps for me xx

• Posted

Thanks for replying, I must sound so desperate but that is exactly how I feel I just want the fear to stop! Is that how you feel cause I can't imagine anyone else feeling as bad as me.
    • Posted

chatting on here gives me something to concentrate on we don't have to talk anxiety we could talk about anything .
    • Posted

Hi Karen,

I know exactly ho you feel.. I was in the same position about a week ago. It is horrible but you have to remember that you will get throught it. Remember that all you are suffering from is anxiety and nothing more. Try doing something to take your mind off of it xx

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. My psychiatrist gave me a prescription for lorazepam due to acute anxiety last year. He prescribed 1mg twice a day. My GP put them on repeat without the psychiatrists knowledge and so I collected a prescription every month for a year. They helped me a lot but Inrealised that I was dependant on them when I tried to cut back to 1 mg, as I got bad side effects. My doctor has now put me on 2 mg of diazepam to try and wean me off them. There are certain times when I feel I just cannot cope and I hate feeling like that. I am nearly at the end of my 6 week prescription of diazepam and then I see my psychiatrist again.
  • Posted

My psychiatrist doesn't believe so. I just have to follow his advice.
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I feel the same as you. I have had anxiety and panic attacks now for 4 months and it's been a living hell. I believe there is something wrong with my heart, eyes, and head. I've had about 10 EKG's, blood work and all doc's say my heart is fine. I finally got me Doc to let me have a holtior monitor for my heart but I have wait two weeks. I've had a CT scan on my head and everything is fine, and I've seen 4 ophthalmologist and all have said my eyes are fine and won't go blind, I just have dry eyes and with anxiety everything is amplified x100, but after everything I am still convinced there is something wrong with me. I also have Lorazepam but I only take .5mg and that's if it's an extreme emergency, I don't like taking medicine.

So today I decided I will no longer allow this to destroy my life, and I'm going to start doing things like I use to, if it's anxiety then I'll survive, if it's not well I don't care anymore because staying home and afraid to do anything and constantly dwelling on my problems and creating more is no way to live.

We can't fear the panic attacks and anxiety because it feeds off of our fears, if you have been medically checked I would suggest you start small and go for walks or to the market. Talk to someone of the phone, or have them go for a walk with you. What helps me is talking to my family and friends. Good luck

• Posted

There are alternative to meds too. There are akternative meds as well. Leaning on a pill to calm you every once in a while is ok but you must learn coping skills to calm yourself as well. Learn cbt for anxiety so you understand what is happening to you. Take a yoga class as silly as it sounds breathing is very useful. Panic attacks suck! It is so common these days docs half care so you have to care. Maybe energy healing meditations would help. You kinda need to surf the web for mediatations that you like and use them. Cbt is massively useful to start off because you need to know your patterns and your own off rules you have in place and fix that. Negative self talk iss too easy but it destroys self calming methods and self esteem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.