feel drugged ???? fluoxetine 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Its now been 6weeks and I'm feeling improved but I still feel drugged bit like my brain is numbed and I want to sleep all day but can't sleep. People who had this does it pass? Thank you. 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So pleased you're feeling somewhat improved :-)  This will continue to improve over weeks and months.  Yes the brain numbing will pass in time, and sleep will sort itself out too.  Such a long slow process isn't it.

• Posted

Did u have this drugged feeling its almost like my brain doesn't catch up with me feels dumb. Its hard with two little boys fighting over everything and been so heavy pregnant: ( I need my mind back
    • Posted

Yes I did for a while - felt like I was in a bubble.  People used to speak to me and I wouldn't really listen - my brain was just too tired to take words in, and noise was too much at times.

My children were small too when I first started on SSRI's and found it really hard.  I could never see it ending and despaired many times.  Eventually it all eased off and I began to enjoy things again.  It takes so long doesn't it .....  when we so need to be well now.

• Posted

Sorry iv just realised its your son on the fluoxetine, I just want off it if I'm going to feel drugged/sedated because I can't handle it I'm normally full of energy and a busy bee
    • Posted

Just starting to think it wont go and this is how they work by sudating you. I felt normal on sertraline but second time it was no good. 6long weeks of awfulness xxxx
    • Posted

Yes I'm on Citralopram and they give you the same side effects.  My son went through all this on Fluoxetine and has come through the other side now.  Give it time ...... I'm sure it'll all smooth out.

thinking of you xx

• Posted

I hope so I'm just laid up a lot I want to go out I don't feel depressed I just have no energy at all and don't feel with it. What is freaky is that when I talk it doesn't sound like its me (just to me) just pray its gone for when baby is here. Thank u xx
    • Posted

Sometimes we get ''baby brain' too ..... I couldn't think straight when I was pregnant and even worse when the children were little lol.  It's tiring too when you're pregnant, so mixed with medication and depression you're bound to feel tired.

xx

• Posted

Woke this morning with dreadful depression. Thoughts of dying etc. Thinking I'll never be me ever again. My problem was anxiety but since the meds iv become depressed iv just no idea what to do. I thought I was getting better few weeks back but its down hill now. I think the tired sleeping a lot is the depression. No interest in moving at all. I'm just not me in the slightest. I'm scared of what to do. 
    • Posted

hello Rachel,

just reading your last message there and I have to say you are not alone with the depression anxiety thing coming back, me too thoght I was getting better a few weeks ago, then suddenly everything started to go downhill again and I've no idea why, it's very soul destroying thats a fact. I'm seeing my doctor this afternoon to see whether I need to up dose or what. I have been exactly like you tired all the time, sleeping lots. Is it possible for you to see your doctor today before they all close for the holiday period? Take care please, hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Mornings were the worst time for me.  I think it was the realisation I had yet another day to get through and my heart would leap up into my throat and pound away.  It was so hard dragging myself out of bed.  Depression does make you tired, and of course not sleeping well can make you depressed.

Yes the meds will have made you feel like this, and though it's really hard, remember this will DEFINITELY pass.  Push on through it all, the tiredness, depression, lack of sleep, weird thoughts, anxiety ... whatever is thrown at you.  Remember you're not well, just as any other illness, and you're going through recovery right now.  You will be you again, and an even better you once all this horrible illness and meds side effects have eased.  It's hard to think that, and I was in the same boat as you once.  I was so very scared, and didn't know which way to turn .......... but I pushed on through with the medication and very, very slowly I turned that corner.

You will be up and down ...... this is how recovery works.  It takes quite a while for the medication to build up in your body and for you to start feeling the benefits.

It's the most scariest time of my life I've ever had to deal with, and I watched my son go through exactly the same, which was even scarier.  We've both come through, and you will too.

Just hang on, you're doing so well.

Big hugs xxx

• Posted

Thank you. I just don't understand where there depression is from and awful thoughts of been suicidal, I know I'd never do this but I fear losing it altogether and been cabable then. I just keep thinking maybe I need off these meds asap if their depressing me its been 6 weeks. I feel dead inside like new thing gives me a reaction at all. I was so excited about my baby and I feel so guilty to be feeling numb to it so scared I'll not bond with her due to this awful depression. Feel trapped 
    • Posted

I felt better at 9days to 14days. All up and Down. Feel guilty and hopeless like iv failed my family. I wouldn't dare take a higher dose incase its the meds causing it
    • Posted

It's quite common to get depression and suicidal thoughts from the medication unfortunately, BUT this only lasts a short while.  These meds work so well but they take a long time before you feel the benefit of them.

If really is so worthwhile persevering however tough it feels.  6 weeks is still early, though you're nearly through the worst.

If however you decide you want to stop the medication, don't just stop taking it as you'll be very ill.  You must not just stop.  This needs to be done so very gradually and you need to speak to your doctor too.

People often give up on this medication due to the side effects, instead of seeing it right through.  What you felt at 9-14 days will come back again, and it'll get even better too.

Dont feel guilty - it's not your fault.  You haven't failed your family at all.  You have an illness and are starting to recover.  You're only human like all of us, and this illness would bring any man down to his knees.  You're a strong person who just needs support and guidance through this difficult time.  You're so nearly there.

k xx

• Posted

Why do they say 2weeks its just disappointing. Maybe after baby I'll have to try a new med as I'm getting really frustrated and so so tired and low. Hope u have a good Christmas and ur family x
    • Posted

I don't know, but the leaflet should be rewritten.

If you try a different SSRI you'll have to go through the same side effects again, so I'd persevere with this one for at least until end Jan/Feb.  It is frustrating, but you need so much patience with this drug.  You'll see ...... before you know it you'll see small signs of improvement.  You can't hurry this medicine, but if you wait .... oh boy, it's so worth it! :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.