feel helpless please someone read his and tell me what it is i need or should do

Posted , 9 users are following.

At the minute I having hard time as I'm suffering from depression, so I think and docs have told me. I Bury into sobbing tears then I feel low then later I'm fine chatting to people I wouldn't normally want to talk tolike mums at the school gate. some mornings I don't want to get up clean up, next time I bounce out of bed and tackle the world. I'm so unbalanced always have been but now it's starting to effect people close to me and I have no answer for them or myself . I kno my head right now is not I right it can't be I dot feel normal like other people I'm a 24 year old attractive female with 2 children I went to private school but all my life have never felt good enough, I always feel like people are judging me I'm very insecure yet confident at the same time it's confusing, I feel like I need my head picking apart. I've been to he docs but they just pass me from pillar to pillar about counselling and I feel the tabs they give me make me worse at the min II'm feeling not great can some one helpAt the minute I having hard time as I'm suffering from depression, so I think. I Bury into sobbing tears then I feel low then later I'm fine chatting to people I wouldn't normally want to talk tolike mums at the school gate. some mornings I don't want to get up clean up, next time I bounce out of bed and tackle the world. I'm so unbalanced always have been but now it's starting to effect people close to me and I have no answer for them or myself . I kno my head right now is not I right it can't be I dot feel normal like other people I'm a 24 year old attractive female with 2 children I went to private school but all my life have never felt good enough, I always feel like people are judging me I'm very insecure yet confident at the same time it's confusing, I feel like I need my head picking apart. I've been to he docs but they just pass me from pillar to pillar about counselling and I feel the tabs they give me make me worse at the min II'm feeling not great can some one help

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about spelling have a new cheap tablet and it's ****
  • Posted

So sorry you feel like this. That insecure but confident at the same time is me too! I so am like you from what you describe. Very low at the moment and also on meds. Looking for my sparkle back.

I don't know if I could help you at all. I'm here if you need a chat. Maybe call Samaritans - thay are fameously helpful and non-judgemental. And not only for people with suicidal thoughts.

What helps me is writing my thoughts down. Random scraps of thoughts or proper elaborate pieces. It's self-counseling.

Keep fighting darling. You're not alone xx

• Posted

Don't panic - you sound like you're panicking. Most people on this forum know what that feeling is like.

The GP reaction is quite common - they don't really have the resources to get the help that works but I do think self help is a good option - there are some

Excellent books out there such as ACT and also - my personal fave because its so funny, Ruby Wax's book. Can't remember the name but its hilarious and right on the money.

If you dont think that's enough, force your GP to refer you to psychiatrist - they have more knowledge to know what you need and it will put your mind at rest to know you are being looked after.

Also - keep talking on these forums. You'll be surprised how much it can help to just speak to people who get it and don't judge you.

• Posted

So sorry about what you feel right now. Being a helpless person is very worst feeling. But try to find some ways to cope this like talking to your friends whom you trust the most. Confess to them what are your problem as they might give you the best advice that you will surely find as a great solution to your problem. Another, just focus to your family. Having a two kids is a best gift ever! Show your love for them. Don't stress yourself to other people.
  • Posted

Did your depression appear to worsten after the children were born?

The only reason I ask this is because the root of the problem may be related to an endemic hormone imbalance which can become more pronounced after childbirth.

It is worth putting this question to your doctor?

• Posted

Hi, I think my heads always been a llittle unbalanced, I did have post natal depression after my first but felt different with my second. X
  • Posted

Morning guys, just want to say thank u for your replys Iit'snice to be reminded your not the only one and there are people who uunderstand and don'tjust fob you off! This morning is a positive one I got up happy I did a little exercise so far so good, ggoing to walk the kiddies to school on their little bikes which is something I normally wouldn't do as I try and have as little as conversation with them sometimes a asII'm not In the mood and I think they judge me there all married and seem to know each oother, but like isay good so far. I aappreciate everyonecomments will look Iinto advice and keep you posted xx sorry againfor the sspellin!
  • Posted

Hi Victoria, so sorry to hear what youre going through.. I've been there myself and suffered from depression for many years, now trying to control it, bit the insecurity is still there. The only thing I can say that really helps is doing somehtng new, somehting different for your soul. for me it was Yoga& also meditation. But I think any kind of excersie is good for your mental health. the other important thing is to get busy, not to drown in the depression. hope this might help, even just a little bit.

Agree with jellyJo  - you're not alone!!biggrin

• Posted

Hi Victoria,

Have you spoken to your GP about upping your dosage at all?

I can relate to the feeling up one minute and down the next. that has happened to me on occasions where i have forgotten to take my medication or tried to wean off too soon. I also feel as though if I don't get enough sleep I can't cope and things that are small and insignificant are absolute mountains to climb.

I think the whole social interaction thing with the mums at the school is an enormous act to have to put on.

How long have you been  on your medication for? I remember feeling as though my head was a carousel and it would just spin with all the things that I had to do to the point where I would work myself up into such a state that I couldn't think straight I was angry, irrational and a nightmare to be around.

I didn't like the idea of CBT as I knew that no amount of talking was going to change the way I felt when I lweft a councilors office, i needed something constant that was going to help me for just a little while until I had recovered enoiugh to be confident and satisfied with myself and my achievements most days.

I do still get bad days but on the whole I can rationalise things a lot more and put things into perspective easier than I ever have and mosrt importantly I can infect all of the people around me with the happiness I feel most of all my children who I'm sad to say I used to just think of as hard work.

Don't lose sight of the fact that even "normal" people have different emotions and are not always consistant with the way they feel,

Depression is an evil mind altering illness that affects not only it's victims but also their loved ones don't allow this into your family, you kids need you to get better.

You don't say how old your children are, is there any chance that you could get in touch with you health visitor and tell them how you are feeling, maybe the ways you are feeling couod be linked to PND?

Take care, I really hope you feel better soon Rebecca x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.