feel im losing it or it is real and im blaming anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

these muscle twitches are really getting to me all day long mostly legs but can go to lip tounge cheek ectect .

im fed up i also get this shock feeling makes my eyes do a fast blink or close its like when your going down a big bump or when you get a shock its so weird not painful at all its like when your belly goes but like more than just going over a bump ect feel like im been thrown off a cliff or something comes randomly does anyone else get this ?

im freaking out so much my realtionship is now in pieces i have not had any panic attacks so really happy but i still get anxiouse thoughts constantly but these are happening when im not anxiouse i feel iv lost the plot i have also diagnoised myself with als/mnd and i mean really to the point of wondering how long i have left and because of these symtoms it may be true !

i feel so alone now because i keep thinking its just anxiety ect but then another part of me goes dont blame anxiety its not !

feel mental & scared  i was getting better and seem to have now become worse off back to the begining i will go to doctors tommorow but it feels so long away (even when i wrote that i was thinking if i make it to tommorow ) its horrible  cry

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

anxiety causes all of these things, but see a doctor or therapist to get a diagnosis, diagnosing ourselves is something we;re all tempted to do , but its a very bad idea
    • Posted

it is such a bad idea i never used to google ! then one day my dad did it and i was like what a good idea sad bad habit now its a 24/7 thing i have already been diagnoised with anxiety i dont belive them i know i have had it and have it but i also belive somethings else is going on do you think i should just come out with what i think i have to my doctor ?
  • Posted

What's your diet like and do you get regular exercise

• Posted

i have just changed my diet because i was eating rubbish all the time i wanted to put on weight cause im losing so much and i want to be a bit more i weigh 8.6 stone and i want to be 9.5 but the weights just coming off by itself unfortanate and i thought eating rubbish would put it back on .sad  i dont exercise anymore but i walk everywhere and have two small children to run after 
    • Posted

Exercise could be the key as it releases endorphins which will improve your mood. In my experience worrying just feeds the negative thoughts which in turn feed the anxiety. Try exercising again and that will also increase your appetite. Take time for yourself as having little ones also takes a lot of your energy try to spoil yourself as you are special and should see yourself so hope you feel better good luck and take care of yourself
  • Posted

Hi Steph. I made the fatal mistake of using Dr.  Google and now that has become an obsession too. It isn't an easy cycle to break, however I managed before. Had anxiety issues on and off since as far back as I can remember.  Saw Dr,  gave me citalopram and  saw a counsellor and after some time had  an anxiety free period. I  gave up searching anything and everything. That said, here I am again after some serious work/home stress issues and the anxiety is back with a vengeance. And, yes Dr Google has got me hooked again. You mentione ALS is that because of motor movements being affected? Anxiety is the curse and plays havoc  with our minds and bodies. I should visit your Dr and explain exactly how you feel. It isnt silly, its very real and the sooner you see your GP you can at least feel you have taken the first steps to your recovery or to at least feeling better than you do now.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Steph. I made the fatal mistake of using Dr.  Google and now that has become an obsession too. It isn't an easy cycle to break, however I managed before. Had anxiety issues on and off since as far back as I can remember.  Saw Dr,  gave me citalopram and  saw a counsellor and after some time had  an anxiety free period. I  gave up searching anything and everything. That said, here I am again after some serious work/home stress issues and the anxiety is back with a vengeance. And, yes Dr Google has got me hooked again. You mentione ALS is that because of motor movements being affected? Anxiety is the curse and plays havoc  with our minds and bodies. I should visit your Dr and explain exactly how you feel. It isnt silly, its very real and the sooner you see your GP you can at least feel you have taken the first steps to your recovery or to at least feeling better than you do now.  Good luck.
    • Posted

hi sue ,

thankyou i have been through the phrase of not googling and a anxiety free period but its just taken off to a whole new level .

i say als because im having muscle twitches everywhere including my head ,throat .neck tounge ,ect and my legs have been very weak laterly i can walk but my legs feel weaker and weaker everyday like all a sudden it will lock up slightly and i will have to try my best to walk normal but i have noticed my muscles in back of legs are now floppy and weird they have always been hard and big now there flat sad

thanks i will go to my doctors tommrow and tell him my concerns and i can bet it will be a laugh and its anxiety without a blink but i will see 

thanks for your reply hun

• Posted

Hi Steph i get muscle twitches also and ive had them everywhere on my body such as my nose, buttocks, eyes but mostly my legs. Some days they feel like something is moving under my skin but then some days i dont get any twitches at all but when i get them i get them a lot. My doctor wasn't concerned when i suggested als and ms etc he just said it wouldn't progress like that with the symptoms ive got and just said its all anxiety. I also get weak legs and feel like i cant stand for long because my legs feel like jelly and i feel faint so your not alone. X
    • Posted

ohh thankyou sooo much for your reply !

its giving me a little piece of mind for the second been lol .

i just felt the amount i was having and especially because there wide spread it could not possible be anxiety i have had them before and i went to doctors too my doctor was concerned but i told her basically to stop been silly ! this was 2 years ago and i did not turn up for my bloods or anything as i was pregnant and thought its only muscle spasms i did not understand or know about how seriouse they can be so thankyou.

also i get the crawling i also get a bubble feeling like bubbles going up my leg and a buzzing feeling maybe it is anxiety i shall see what my new "not so concerning doctor has to say " thankyou again hun x

• Posted

Hi

Get your vitamin B tested. Especially b6 and b12.

• Posted

Thanks I had my bloods checked at hospital in November and they was fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.