Feel like a froad

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi again.. Having gall bladder removed Monday.. all symptoms have completely gone. After all the moaning and complaining I've done over the last to weeks I feel back to normal.. did anyone else have no symptoms before surgery???

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My symptoms went just before I was sent to hospital! My liver readings were 'deranged' though, so I was admitted. The surgeon thought a stone had been blocking the bile duct, but had cleared. They said it would probably happen again, so after a 4 day wait they took it out. Don't know if this helps you. Good luck! 

• Posted

My surgeon said better to take it out when all calm and no inflammation. Good luck hope all goes well.
  • Posted

Hi Louise

Like you I feel 'normall' too! Am waiting for my date for the op but ultrasound revealed hundreds of gallstones!! Have only had one attack touch wood but it could happen again so I think that's why they want to remove it. The thought of feeling worse coming out then when I go in is horrible. Please let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Louise, good luck Monday! I’m having my gallbladder removed in 3 weeks and I’m also worried that my symptoms will be gone by then. But the pain has been with me now for 3 months so I think it will continue. If they already determined to do the surgery I’d go ahead with it. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Louise

I'm having my surgery on Saturday and am  so scared I'm going to come 

out worse  than  when I went in !     I wouldn't be so worried but I have  diverticulitis 

and painful bladder syndrome  to cope with too.      Praying for the courage to see it

through and hoping it's not too painful. 

Good luck,  let me know how you get on.   Hope we are both fine. 

• Posted

Linda sounds like you and I have similar stuff going on. I’m also having a resection to remove the DD during my gallbladder surgery so I’m worried to. My bladder is painful as well, but usually only when full. We don’t know if the bladder pain is related to the gallbladder or DD or both. My doctor wants me to recover from these surgeries first, then see what kind of pain I still have, I’m hoping for none. 
    • Posted

Hi mnisbett

You are the first person that I've come across that has the same symptoms 

as me !   I'm glad I'm not alone in this but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I had a test on my bladder  and was diagnosed  with Interstitial cystitis, 

men can get this too.    Food makes my bladder pain worse so I have to be 

very careful what I eat.    Good luck with your surgery,  hope it resolves your

bladder pain as well  as your DD  and gallbladder pain 

• Posted

I Had my gallbladder removed 4 day ago having been diagnosed with porcelain gallbladder following an MRI scan for a breast cancer scare. Had I not  had that MRI I would have been none the wiser as even though I could see gallstones in the GB on the scan, I had absolutely no symptoms at all ever. Best get the little blighter whipped out if you have been in pain with it, best done when it's not all inflamed, will help with your healing. Don't worry about the op, a few days of bed rest a pain relief and you will feel much improved and a couple of weeks  for your body to get the healing done. I was up and dressed today and went a short walk and visited a friend. Am looking forward to a week of getting all my paperwork caught up with and watching some rubbish daytime TV!

• Posted

Did you have it done Louise?

Hope you did and your well.

• Posted

Hi Matt.. yes I did!! And needed too .lots of stones and 1 the size of a golf ball😲all went well very very sore. Coming round was a nightmare. The pain in my shoulder was terrible. Back home last night eating ok.. no more takeaways.. haha . Lots of pain killers and rest.x how are you?

• Posted

Well done Louise! I hope they let you keep the stones. I've got mine on display by the front door. The golf ball one sounds particularly impressive! Best wishes for your recovery. 

• Posted

Well done, really pleased for you! 

I'm angry to be honest Louise and really can't understand how my GP surgery and gastro consultant have left me in such a bad way.

All the best with your recovery xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.