Feel like I’m going crazy and need reassurance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey y’all. I’ll start off with saying I have severe generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and health anxiety. Have always be so fearful of my health and always google symptoms, knowing I shouldn’t. I’m on Lexapro and Xanax, but just recently started back my Lexapro having quit for a while. I’m having constant weakness in my arms and legs, I’m lightheaded, have muscle jerking all over my body while at rest on the couch or in bed, and it drives me insane. The weakness I would describe as the feeling of low blood sugar, since I am hypoglycemic, and know the feeling all too well. I know my sugar should be normal though, since my eating hasn’t changed, and when I do load up on carbs or sugar, it doesn’t solve the problem. Xanax does, but temporarily, which sort of reassures me it’s anxiety. I just can’t shake the fear of having a neurological disorder and it scares the s**t out of me. Please help. Does anyone else have the same symptoms as I do? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jordan,

You are not alone. I have GAD, health anxiety and ocd thoughts. I have all these symptoms since 6 months. Can you explain what you mean by weakness in legs and arns. Is it pain?..I have pain in my buttocks, thighs and hands right now..not sure if its due to anxiety

• Posted

No, I don’t have pain reguarding the weakness. It just feels like I can hardly move or stand. Like the feeling of low blood sugar. I’m sorry you’re dealing with your symptoms. But trust me you’re not alone. Sorry it took a while to reply. You know...life. Haha. I hope you get some relief soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.