Feel like I'm not worthy of the "title" depressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im not sure how I've felt today. It's been a funny day. Woke up this morning as normal- generally feeling sad and not wanting to get pit of bed for work. I get to work and feel generally the same. About 2 hours I let out some of how I've been feeling to a colleague and that I've got a doctors appointment to talk about me potentially having depression. I felt fine after that. Completely normal. I was laughing and although i didn't feel as happy as Saturday night i didn't feel sad almost all day . Every now and then I would get self-defeating thoughts but they eventfully passed after about 2 hours. I've felt fine since then, got home from work and I don't actually feel sad or bad or guilty.

I just don't feel like I should even think I'm depressed at this point. I know it has it's ups and downs but I'm not sure. I just feel like I shouldn't be be on here and that there are others 110% worse off than I am and this is probably just a low point in my life, not a proper mental illness. I mean how can I feel normal and fine and be depressed. I now starting to feel bad about feeling like I shouldn't be thinking I'm depressed. I feel like a phoney. 

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't ever think you are worthless , depression can hit you at any time, age etc,back in the 1990's o i could never understand why i would what i call "Out of Sorts" , low in spirits and i would get people thinking i was sulking (!!) whuch i wasn't , then i went through a difficult few months in my life and my then Doctor ( She has since passed away ) who was an expert on Mental Health issues and explained to me that i was depressed and that it was no thought of mine , i am lucky that most of my family and friends understand when i tell them these days that i am feeling out of sorts , not feeling that great and they are kind about it , we will i don't expect understand why we get depressed there is no proper reason for it especially like myself who have close family and friends , you need to have a chat with your Doctor , if that proves uselees then arrange to see another Doctor in your practice - you are entitled to , they then may suggest some CBT - talikng therapy , having a chat with a therapist about why you feel why you feel . As i said please understand you are not a phoney and don't ever think that , take care - please .
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Bless you, depression has several types, and several depths. What you might feel now another person could feel terrible? We are all unique and each of us is different. When I was severely depressed I sometimes had one good day in 7 and I felt myself sinking lower and my mood often changed from feeling ok to utter despair...

Keep a daily diary and if it has a certain pattern please see your gp and explain how you are feeling?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up