Feel like I m on speed !!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Just wanted to ask if anyone feels like they are on speed or an upper....not in a good way.....starting up or increasing cit. I have only had it since going from 30 to 40 and am dropping back to 30 tomorrow.

Anyone identify ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

sarah

I take 20mg and been on them for quite a time now, if anything I am slower, although quite calm, your dose is higher than mine and it is hard to know how you feel on your higher dose. I take 75mg Amytrptalene, both at night and feel a little tired till teabreak at 10.30 when I have a second black coffee.

It may be a good idea to cut the 10mg tablet and slow down on the withdrawal you may feel better for that as the reduction of the medication may take longer than an increase

Good Luck we are always around

• Posted

Yep everytime i upped it ad when i started it could never go higher than 20 swapped to sertraline
    • Posted

How hard was it to swap to sertaline? How did you do the swap and does sertaline help you better with anxiety?
    • Posted

I stopped the cit for 2 days then started the sert. It so far hasnt effected my vision. I find sertraline better and was told by my gp that they no longer advise cit for anx as it can make most people worse. Made me worse tbh its similar to sert but i find sert easier to handle
    • Posted

How long ago did you change to it? What side effects have you experienced? Sorry for all of the questions I just increased my dose of citalopram and it has increased my anxiety! Very frustrating.
    • Posted

Thats wat kept happening to me! I had a bit of increased anx but not like the speed feeling on cit i had increased sweating lack of appitite dip in mood for a few days headache
    • Posted

How long have you been on sertaline? What side effects have you experienced on sertaline?
    • Posted

See above for sert side effects been on it abt 5 weeks
    • Posted

Sorry about that I thought that was side effects to the citalopram. Thank you so much for the info. So has it taken your anxiety away? Do you feel like it works better for you than citalopram?
    • Posted

Yeah i feel it works better than cit and a bit faster to
    • Posted

Your welcome! Hope ur speed feeling weres off soon i onow its not a nice feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.