Feel like i need constant attention from professionals! Why?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Heres my history:- im currently on 50mg of sertraline and 2mg of diazepam when i needed. I was on prozac for a month until gp changed meds on monday. I have health visitors involved ( i have 2 children 3 n under) a family support worker and Gp at the moment plus i have a MH assessment on weds.

each day i seem to find a reason to phone either the health visitor or my family support worker. I look forward to their visits and try to find reasons to bring their visits forward. I dont know why i do it though why i feel so in need of their attention. If for some reason they dont return my call i feel rejected. Its so silly but i cant stop it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna, 

I feel like that about therapy too. Like I can't wait to tell them everything that's happened and I would love for the sessions to be more often than they are. If things are feeling bad, I'd like to talk it through. But then sometimes if I'm doing well, I also feel like talking about it as I get excited. . . I guess it's because these people are supporting you which of course feels nice and has a positive effect on you. You feel like they understand you. . . So you want as much contact with them as possible. Seeking reassurance is a normal symptom of depression. Try not to worry about it though a good exercise would be to refrain from calling them immediately if you get the urge every now and then. Maybe not every time but when you have the will power to do it. When you manage with whatever it was you wanted to call about on your own, it will give you confidence and make you feel less dependant on them the next time you face a challenge. As you start to feel better, you won't feel the need to have as much contact with all the people that are supporting you right now. 

Try not to worry about it too much cheesygrin

Agirl xxx

• Posted

You're welcome. Just know that you're not alone in having those kind of feelings. smile 

At least you are seeking and getting help which is the most important thing. Things can only get better cheesygrin

Agirl xx

• Posted

Just such a relief to hear other people feel this way too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.