feel like im losing my mind

Posted , 5 users are following.

recently ive been having trouble reading sentences without making a mistake and spelling has been getting worse. ive never been a great speller to start with so this may actually just be anxiety. sometimes i pronounce words the correct way but they seems wrong to me for some reason. i feel like eventually im going to forget the english language all together. have any of you been through something like this or it uncommon for someone with anxiety to have these symptoms? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi cjbeat, I have days where my thinking skills are woeful OR I may post off a message without proof reading it & feel like a clutz..  We all make error so dont beat yourself up about it.   Can I suggest 'find-a-word' puzzle books?  They are awesome.  Easy puzzles are a much better way to start.  Would hate to see you become frantic & then I would be so guilty if you posted 'HELP Ive lost my mind thanks to deb'   rolleyes       See how you go & maybe have fun doing it x

• Posted

Yea after I had panic attack  or that is atleast what I think I had, I have all these problems that you mentioned, often misreading words, I feel like my understanding of meaning of words have gotten weak, like they(words) dont make sense the way they used to .

English is my second language but I am talking about my first language here(needless to say the situation is same or even worse with English ofcourse).

I believe I have been an anxious perosnality whole my life and I especially when I boils down to language, I am very selfconscious but I do also believe that the condition has to do more with just pure naked anxiety! Maybe sth has changed in my brain after the incident I dunno. My problems doesn't just end with language  by the way. 

I have seen doctor. In the begining I thought I have dementia. Doctor rulled out this and couple of nasty possibilites but she didn't also had a firm diagnosis(like label my condition and stick with it!). The keywords of my appointment sessions with doc was ofcourse "depression" and "--- anxiety", you fill the blanket smile .

I have used medication but i gotta tell you nothing helped me as much as passing of the time.

I might also point out I consider myself nowhere close to recovered but I am not also as terrible as I was.

• Posted

By the way first week after I had panic attack incident, each day I thought I am losing it several times I was very convinced.
    • Posted

The feeling of Losing it is as common as having palpitations for anxiety disorders. Just remind yourself to take it easy, that you are not really losing it, that it is just your attack giving you another scary problem. Remind yourself too, that you are way over any attacks, and you can surpass them without actually losing it.

When i first experience that feeling, i had the scariest moment of my life. A lot of situations came rushing to my mind. That it would be a shame for the family if i went crazy. The thought of shouting or talking nonsense things to other people, the embarrasment if my crazy self decides to undress in public! All these were present in my thoughts while i was having the slight delusion.

What i did was again, prayed! That time, no one could help me but myself...but "myself" wasn't capable during that moment. So i turned to God for help. And presto...i calmed down.

• Posted

haha yes! anxiety induced dementia... smile i was at times worse than my grandmother who actually had dementia. No concetration, no comprehension, no recollection. I have completed a long treatment for anxiety disorder and am labelled healthy, but I'll have you know that as soon as stress levels go up my mental capacity dwindles dangerously. I am used to it now and sleep a little more and do simple things like kid's puzzles/crosswords or simply do something mechanical to rest my head. Talking to someone you feel comfy with about it or even something unrelated may also help unblock your processing capacity. Enjoy smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.