Feel like passing out.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I felt like I was going to pass out at work today( I work in a kitchen) I slammed a bunch of water into me then I was fine. It was extremely hot but I was in Vegas in July and I was fine so I don't think it's the heat. Must be anxiety??Also I was sitting down making a boatload of grilled cheese and I started shaking. I stopped eventually but why was I shaking?? Anxiety!!??

I've come home and I'm kinda having trouble breathing sorta lump in my throat..

I guess the same all just anxiety symptoms and nothing 2 worry about??

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

The heat can cause a lot of problems. It can even make anxiety worse if that's indeed what you have. Sounds like anxiety. Have you been to a Doctor?

• Posted

I've had multiple ecg tests done had halter monitor on, chest X ray which came back fine. Still waiting on results for cardiogram and stress test but they were fine weeks ago and normally with those things no news is good news. So to ansrew your question I have been 2 a doctor... I went to Vegas in July and she gave me low dosage pills can't remember what there called, I took email to Vegas but didn't take any because I was drinking so and also hadn't had any before I left for Vegas... I did a test where you ansrew questions like an anxiety test and my total number fell into mild anxiety and that's what she thinks so. She just prescribed me those pills 2 take if needed but I've never liked taking pills for anything like not even a headache so I'm trying to avoid meds at all costs and just trying to deal with it ignore it as best as I can...

I didn't have headaches or dizzy really today. When I had this attack if u will it was only an hour or so into work and I had had a coffee so I had had some liquid into me. I know from reading stuff on anxiety you should try to avoid coffee and energy drinks like that... I don't drink coffee all the time do its not like I need it but doctor didn't think coffee should make a difference....

I think the heat makes anxiety worse like I think about the heat and I dunno but I make sure I drink lots of water so....

I think it's more anxiety then heat because I was in Vegas and it's extremely hot there granted it's a dry heat but was OK there. A few anxiety flared ups but all in all fine.

It's weird 2 I almost have more energy when I come home from work. Like I come home have a beer or 2 a swim and I'm relaxed...

At work is when I seem 2 get it the most...I've been at this place 3 years and only recently have I experienced work anxiety or in general.. Maybe the stress of work makes anxiety worse? I do get anxiety away from work as well but..

Thanks for the feedback and kind words

• Posted

They do certainly sound like typical anxiety symptoms. Dealing with food in a hot kitchen would be hard on anyone, honey.

Are you drinking enough water? No matter what else I do when a stress attack happens, the first thing I go for is a room temperature glass of water. Often, that is enough. When it's not I refocus on something else, like my breathing, or even just writing down how I'm feeling.

The breathig and throat thing are both also, anxiety stuff..very common.

Have you been diagnosed with anxiety? What did your doctor say? Hang in there, Mackie.

• Posted

've had multiple ecg tests done had halter monitor on, chest X ray which came back fine. Still waiting on results for cardiogram and stress test but they were fine weeks ago and normally with those things no news is good news. So to ansrew your question I have been 2 a doctor... I went to Vegas in July and she gave me low dosage pills can't remember what there called, I took email to Vegas but didn't take any because I was drinking so and also hadn't had any before I left for Vegas... I did a test where you ansrew questions like an anxiety test and my total number fell into mild anxiety and that's what she thinks so. She just prescribed me those pills 2 take if needed but I've never liked taking pills for anything like not even a headache so I'm trying to avoid meds at all costs and just trying to deal with it ignore it as best as I can...

I didn't have headaches or dizzy really today. When I had this attack if u will it was only an hour or so into work and I had had a coffee so I had had some liquid into me. I know from reading stuff on anxiety you should try to avoid coffee and energy drinks like that... I don't drink coffee all the time do its not like I need it but doctor didn't think coffee should make a difference....

I think the heat makes anxiety worse like I think about the heat and I dunno but I make sure I drink lots of water so....

I think it's more anxiety then heat because I was in Vegas and it's extremely hot there granted it's a dry heat but was OK there. A few anxiety flared ups but all in all fine.

It's weird 2 I almost have more energy when I come home from work. Like I come home have a beer or 2 a swim and I'm relaxed...

At work is when I seem 2 get it the most...I've been at this place 3 years and only recently have I experienced work anxiety or in general.. Maybe the stress of work makes anxiety worse? I do get anxiety away from work as well but..

Not trying to be lazy and not say anything new 2 you but don't really know what else 1 say...

I sleep fine like I'm enjoying watching the Olympics. I hear horror stories of ppl waking up at 4am panicking and that and that's not me. My one friend who gets anxiety from time 2 time said she would wake up then pass out for a min then wake back up which is scary!!

Another friend of mine who has dealt with anxiety he tried pills but couldn't focus but his anxiety was he moved to Alberta from ontario he's now back in Ontario but I guess being so far away from home and that... he said he would wake up with sweats and chills but he told me there's something that's gotta be brining the anxiety on but I don't know what it is or can be. My doctor said that anxiety that's how it is just kinda comes out of knowhwere..

Thanks for the support, feedback and kind words

• Posted

I'll say this, I had very minor anxiety/panic attacks before I moved to California in June. On a 1 to 10 scale they were a 1 .....BUT when I moved here to Fresno California in June the heat is crazy, I've never experienced 110 degrees before. I drank alot of alcohol one day while here in Fresno California 3 weeks ago and the next day had a horrible panic attack on a 1 to 10 scale I was at a 11.

I'm still shaken up and recovering, but I'm actually starting to feel back to normal (knock on wood)

Anyway I totally think the alcohol made me severly dehydrated in a place in the country where it's already extremely easy to get dehydrated with out self inducing dehydration on your self by not drinking.

So I don't know if it's your issue, but what I'm getting at is drink lots and lots and lots of water , and stay as cool as possible... Like you said you felt better after splashing water on yourself? Keep doing that and might sound silly but invest in maybe a cool ice pack thing, like the ones bycyclist where. It may sound extreme but I've noticed a huge difference recently in my anxiety with whearing this thing, staying Hydrated, going to a cold room, anything to keep cool.

The struggle is real!!! Stay hydrated and keep your body cool! smile

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, glad your feeling better. I try to drink lots of water and perks of being in a kitchen is Popsicles ice cream lots of that kind of stuff...

Not trying to be arrogant and say it's not the heat but... I dunno I've being dealing with anxiety so kinda leaning toward that but heat doesn't help....

• Posted

You go from a cool place to unbearable temperatures your body isn't used to it. Alcohol prolly doesn't help that. I went to Vegas in July and I don't know how ppl live there and deal with the heat?? Water bottles in Cabs actually cranked it's nuts!! I drank a lot of alcohol but drank lots of water 2 stay hydrated!! It gets hot where I live it's been 32 c felling like 40 this week yes I'm from Canada...

• Posted

Yeah maybe a variety of factors, not just one thing. Environmental factors and mental factors for me at least, like my thoughts. I've started saying the word "trigger" every time I feel something that triggers my anxiety. It helps me make a mental note of what triggered my anxiety each time instead of just trying to act like that thought or whatever didn't happen. Idk helps me, I guess we all have to find our own personal tools for this stuff, what might work for one person may or may not work for another.

• Posted

Hi i also work in a kitchen in the uk and it definitely encourages the symptoms of anxiety i find the lightheaded feelings hard to stop whilst its hot. I have to go and sit outside and after about 10 mins calm down but defo drink plenty and try not to think about whats going on i found if you let it happen rather than focus on whats going on it seems to ease. I had stages of feeling every small movement my body was doing and frequently notice how tense my body is and try to relax it. Now i really try and just let it be ive had many ecgs, bloods and an echo test also ive worn a 24hr and a 7 day monitor all clear so far so im thinking i have a general anxiety disorder and im trying to change how i think and react which isn't easy!

• Posted

Yah the kitchen intensifies it for sure, I just try to drinks lots of water and not think about it!!
  • Posted

you probably were overheated.  Keep your water levels up. Remember you are living in a desert climate. Also eat proper food or you will end up suffering.
    • Posted

I don't live in Vegas I live on Canada but it gets hot in the summers, I hear watching what you eat helps with anxiety!!

• Posted

more so your better general health but that is up to you Mackie it was just a suggestion.
    • Posted

No I hear yah, thank you. Just on general though if you eat garbage all the time that doesn't help with anxiety mabye thats obvious. Not saying I eat garbage all the time ither you will die if you do...

• Posted

No I hear yah, thank you. Just on general though if you eat garbage all the time that doesn't help with anxiety mabye thats obvious. Not saying I eat garbage all the time ither you will die if you do...

• Posted

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.