Feel like stoping citalapram

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

16 weeks on 20mg and just over 3 weeks on 30mg and I feel so depressed and my head racing negative thought surely after all this time this can't be right as any one gone on this long and still felt this way ?

Thanks

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not expert but my DR told me that any increase may effect me like that taking medication as first time , so maybe that's what happened to u 2

so u either give it a time and take Dizpam to help u to cope or refuse the dose but batter discuse this with ur GP

• Posted

I felt that way for about 3/4 weeks, I would suggest speaking to your doctor and trying something else if your feeling worse
    • Posted

Thanks for reply

Did you stop them ? If so how do u feel now ?

• Posted

I stopped them after being on them 3 years and it wasnt too bad to be honest. 

I felt sickly and had night sweats one week but other than that I didnt feel bad after stopping them

• Posted

Hi all

Spoke to gp today and he said stick with the 30mg for at least 6 weeks he said it takes that amount of time to have full effect so fingers crossed 😃🙏🏿

• Posted

U get an attaboy if U do Don. Lol. Hope U stick with it and feel better!!!!
    • Posted

Hey Don. This Thursday will be 6 weeks since my dossage was upped to 30 from 20 mg's. Today was almost a perfect day for me with respect to how great I felt!!!!! Went for my daily bikeride, did some painting etc. If this is what I can expect to feel like then its aces for me. I'm very hopeful at this point!!! So stick with it for awhile longer.
  • Posted

Good .luck with the 30mg for six weeks Don .Just follow the plan and hang in there .Im sure it will get better this time.xx
    • Posted

H Don 

I am well ,still on Lexapro and no problems so far. Are  you still on 30 mg of cit? How are those intrusive thoughts? Do hope you are making progress.

xx

• Posted

Thanks felis

Lm doing ok the thoughts are still their but I've learned how to deal with them a lot better moods still a bit up and down but things are a lot better than a month ago so fingers crossed I'm getting their 😃

• Posted

You are sounding as if you are not letting the anxiety  get the better of you which takes time to master but once you do you will find the road to recovery much swifter. Well done !👏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.