Feel like there is phlyem in throat all the time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since a cold 2 months ago I still have this persistent throat clearing and feeling there is phlem in my throat all the time. I feel the need to constantly swallow. I have little pain, although spicy food does cause some burning sensation. I suffer from many food intollerances and follow the low fodmap diet. I am taking lanzoprozole 30mg for my tummy issues (as had a flare up due to onions in the summer) and am considering upping it to twice a day if this is an acid reflux thing. However, I don't get the bitter taste or the reflux but have heard this could be silent. I also suffer from health anxiety which can also increase mucous production. Anyone experiencing this please and can offer some help?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Buy the book Dropping Acid. Until the book shows up Google the title and look for the basics to follow. It's all about the food. It's like your body is acidic and your detoxing.
    • Posted

As I am gluten and dairy intollerant and also huge issues with onions and legumes and nuts I doubt it would be any good to me! 
    • Posted

It sounds like you know what you can't eat, but your original question talks about eating spicy foods and onions. The book talks about what you can eat. Just modify it for you.
    • Posted

I'm nor sure of I have or or not but have read the throat clearing can be linked. What does it suggest you eat? Generally my throat not sore just weird feeling in throat. Could be globus even. Will probably pop to dr tomorrow x
    • Posted

The details a diet that is restrictive when a person is suffering and then a less restrictive plan after one has recuperated. Once you learn what you can and cannot eat the book is used more as a reference. You could probably find a website detailing the book with the foods and go from there. 
  • Posted

Why don't you try stopping the lanzoprozole 30mg for a few weeks see if you feel better.  I know when I was taking Prilosec I had more symptoms, but when I quit taking it I also had more for a  good 2 weeks after that it got a lot better, these pills are not good to take long term I was on mine for 1 year and I kept getting worse, then when I stopped after a few weeks I felt much better
    • Posted

Hi Debra, I will give them a couple of weeks and ween off if no difference. Luckily I have a gastro appt in Jan so hopefully he can shed some light x  
  • Posted

I did forget to say that I did ween myself off them, I only took one pill per day, when it wasn't helping enough I started taking 2 pills a day, that made it worse it gave me symptoms I didn't have before so I went back down to one pill, then one pill every other day then one pill every 2 days and so on. Even with that though. I had problems for a few weeks after stopping.  I am glad I am not taking them no more.  my biggest problem was trouble breathing. My breathing is good as long as I don't over eat or stay away from certain kinds of coffee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.