Feel lost don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer from bipolar and I am really struggling for the past week I have been drinking heavily I was admitted to hospital 2 days ago because I self harmed and ended up with stitches in my foot. Since Christmas time a lot of stuff has happened my ex bf was locked up for domestic violence but because I felt I loved him and couldn't cope with out him I retracted my statement now on top of it he's constantly pestering me and making me feel like crap about myself. I've had to come off all social media as he's making fake profiles trying to get to me cos I blocked him. I went on a date last week and it went well between us I plan on seeing him again but I'm too scared to incase my ex causes problems. I've had an issue with alcohol for sometime now I went into rehab in 2014 and completed the program only for me to relapse a few months later. when I left I moved to a diff area and because of the relapse I lost a lot of friends so now I'm in a area with no support this makes me feel so low in myself I just don't know what to do sad

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh Channie....I too suffer from alcoholism...and Borderline Personality.

​Alcohol only makes all of our symptoms, moods, anxiety and problems worse...as you know.

​I lived a life of 22 years with domestic violence...Its not your fault and stop responding to this guy...its not YOU its him.  Yes, you have problems..but honestly they are medical nature...and you don't need someone like him putting you down...you know that.

​Yea, some people think that moving will cure their alcohol problem and it never works...because we are taking the same person with us "us". 

What do you mean when you say you self harmed?

Do you work?

How old are you?

Are you in counseling?

Are you on medication?

How much do you drink?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have bipolar too but I have been going to AA for years now. It's the only thing that keeps me from relapsing. I too have to say I've been in hosp for my condition. I also had an abusive ex. The longer you stay away the easier it gets. If you can just resist it,for a while and you'll find it gets easier not having him there. This relationship will severely affect youur chances of stabling yourself. Good luck and hugz x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Channie, I have been in abusive relationships in the past and you need to be strong. I cannot comment on alcohol as i rarely drink. You have low self esteem because of the abuse and you need to gain this back. Have you had a look in your local library to see if there are any free or inexpensive courses for mental health or confidence building. You must stay away from your x do not weaken, it is hard but it will get easier. Have you seen your GP about any services that may help you, consider counselling or meds even just for a short time till you feel stronger. your old friends have proven that they are not there for you, you will one day find new ones. There are lots of forums around where you can talk to other people who are struggling too. I have joined mental health and depression ones on facebook, thou i know at the moment you have come off the social net working sites you maybe able to have a look at at a later date. Be strong, believe in yourself. I know you don't love yourself at the moment but i hope with some support you can one day.

Sending a big hug.

smile 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

maybe leaving your drinking buddies was a good move and you can start again with new friends and cut down the drinking to zero.  I hope it works out for you.

rich

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up