Feel more ill with the lurgy than i did having a hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Two and half weeks. After TAH leaving ovaries and 3 tiny cuts from keyhole ..can honestly. Say I've felt worse the last few days with a cough /throat headache than having a hysterectomy ..still have a tiny spotting of blood and slight. Not even period type pain ..only thing getting me down is hot flushes. At night ..although could be this lurgy I've got ..hope is the latter which. Is keeping me awake ..on the plus side so far I've felt brilliant. And don't regret. Having it yet ..i haven't. Driven yet or tested the " play pen " yet ..but after this speedy recovery. I've had I'm giving positive. Vibes to you all ..at first I was under the impression. I was going to have the bikini cut ..only that I spoke to my surgeon. To see if the keyhole. Was an option ..thankfully it was ..i do believe. That having the keyhole. Definitely. Put me in a good place ..ive been cooking out with my dog ..not holding. Him ..strong staffy I have so hubby holds him ..out shopping and cleared out my bedroom ..i was the worst jelly legged patient having it done ..now I'm so glad I did atm ..i didn't. Take a walk in wardrobe. With me just the essential s ..you don't need loads ....can say although. Having another 3 half weeks of work is a bit boring I'm actually. Enjoying. Some me time ..dont be scared like me ..just go with it xx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ditto to everything you have said my only problem is hot flushes at night but can seem to cope with them at the moment it beats having the horrible constant bleeding need to get back to work got another three weeks before go back so bored but not complaining lol x
    • Posted

Lol me to ..itching to hoover and drive and walk dog on own ..only so much you can read on facebook every day lol 😁😜 x
  • Posted

Thanks for the positive vibes Denise, I am T minus 41 hours for my TAH rolleyes and I think I am at least as jelly legged as you were, I'll try to focus on how much life will improve afterwards. Hope your hot flushes are just the lurgy and that you get better very soon xx
  • Posted

Hi Denise...

So sorry to hear you are a bit "under the weather" sad

Bad enough dealing the the POST OP...

Again.. .can only make us women STRONGER ehhhhhhh????

Glad the OP went well..... enjoy that ME TIME... I don't think any of us really get it.. sad that it takes THIS to get us to STOP  a bit and RELAX..

I am not 10 weeks POST OP.. or is it 11, lol.. gosh, loosing track of time now..

I am not 100% yet... pushed myself TOOOOO much with our snow here.. I shoveled sad

I am sore right now, just sitting sad

But.... I have the sense to SLOOOOOOOOOOOW down when I do something stupid!

Please be safe!  So much was done internally... we just don't see it!

Your friend in the USA.. Mary smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.