Feel sad and lonely

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost my dad 5 yrs ago and my mum 5 months ago my partner has left me I don't go out of the house any more I don't eat I've got friends but I think their getting fed up of me crying I'm trying to be positive I've no get up and go in me any more justhan want to feel happy again

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Maxine first of all sorry for your loss 💖 being down sucks i suffer with anxiety and depression. your friends should support you no matter what. give yourself some time try and find a hobbie. something you enjoy to do. are you on any medication or seeing a counciller? x

• Posted

Hi Maxine

im sorry you’re feeling so low and I’m answering becauseive been there, indeed I’m not in a much better position now but fir different reasons. I’m very isolated and depressed but mine is driven by ill physical health I’ve been in during for years...

‘I wanted to ask are you in the UK and if so do you have access to secondary mental health services? Are you getting support from anywhere ie counselling? I know it sounds overwhelming but talking to someone impartial is so important when depressed  - we start to feel a burden to everyone and it increases depressive thoughts and feelings..are you on any medication? Sorry for all the questions I’m trying to think of a way forward...💟

• Posted

No I've not been to doctors finding it hard to go out of house I do feel like I've become a burden to my friends who all seem really happy I'm sorry you feel sad too because of physical problems I just wish we lived in a better world without any one feeling like this I can't seem to want to do owt apart from cry

• Posted

Maxine I know how hard this is, hand on heart I do... I think you’re suffering from depression and you really need some help. Your GP is a starting point. If you feel so bad you can’t get out of the house at all you could maybe ask fir a home visit? I totally understand how overwhelming this feels right now but this is an illness just like physical illness and you need some treatment and support to get through. I’m genuinely worried about you. Would you consider ringing your gp and asking for an appointment? 

There are lots of rescourses on Rethink and Mind the mental health charity websites that explain the symptoms of depression in depth, maybe if you have a look at those you’ll be able to relate your symptoms to the illness and see that your brain is just not well, you’re not a burden you’re an unwell girl trying to fight an enormous storm alone....

thinking of you, here if I can help in any way

💟

• Posted

Hi Maxine, you need to get some support and it's out there. Make an appointment with your GP, don't suffer in silence. Maybe find forums that deal with bereavement, talking to people in the same boat as you will make you feel less alone. I hope you find the help you need x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.