feel so alone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Where do I start iv been on and off anti depressants for 17 years and last week had a really bad day my doc has put me back on fluoxetine 3rd week now but this time iv got really bad anxiety I rearly go out feel trapped and I'm just coming to a point where I just don't know where to turn or what to do.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I sorry to hear our ansiety is back. The one thing I hate about depression is the variance you can have in a day, week, or some even an hour. Its frustrating on the days/hours that you just feel low and then confusing when you sort of snap out of it. Everyone has their own story on here, everyone has the days they are trapped but most importantly connected with the right people you cn feel a little better. I can count on 1 hand the people that kick me back into gear on this forum. You just need to find your people that you can trust and that you click with and can trust.

Trust in itself can be a huge thing to give to what in essence is a stranger, it doesnt happen overnight but you find people that understand you on your level I hope someone can guide you back with maybe a story of their anxiety.

• Posted

Hello there.  I know just how you feel as much the same for me.  I have been on anti depressants for over 20 years.  My doctor persuaded me to come off Effexor, and it was a 10 month withdrawal.  I have been doing quite well, but like you, getting more bad days than good.  I so don't want to go back on medication, but yes, it gets to the point when we say I must take anti depressants again, as can't go on feeling like this.

My anxiety is getting worse, and as I have lived alone for 30 years, feeling lonely.  But I just took myself off for a brisk walk, as the sun is shining.  Yes what do we do though? 

Hopefully when the medication kicks in you will feel better.  Perhaps the way you are feeling now is your body getting used to it, and it will gradually get better.  I just take supplements and Kalms tablets now, and seem to help.  May come a point, like you, when I go to see the doctor again.

Hang on in there.  Keep posting here as you will have other understanding people to talk to. 

• Posted

High Leigh, What dose are you on? Remember unlike some anti-depressants fluoxetine takes over a month to reach full effect but you should feel some benefit by now. If you get to the end of week 4 and still feel like this go back to the GP they may want to increase the dose or try something different. Keep coming back here to, its good to get stuff out and talk about what going on and theres is always someone that can talk with you.
  • Posted

I can totally relate to this, I like all people on this forum, wish there would be an easy answer. I've just joined this blog and I suppose the one thing that gives me some comfort is knowing that others are going through the same as me. I'm only 23 years of age had a fantastic upbringing loving parents never had many worry troubles, I have a bautiful girlfriend who I love but still have times so low I literally feel I need an escape weather I commit suicide or not in the end I don't know but I feel like something will have to give in the end. My only answer is diazepam to help me get through the anxiety attacks I'm getting at the moment. I'm on anti depressants and have been for 3 years now but it just seems to me the more time goes on the more board I'm gunna get about living. At least you can take my comments I suppose and see just how down I am anyway 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.