feel so alone and worthless

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im 41 male and depressed ive been the doctors and taking mirtazapine 15mg of a night time yes they make me drousy and help me sleep but not helping me feel any better im alone no friends and family live away from me i seperated from wife in sept 2013 for the 2nd time in 12 months im unemployed and feeling the way i do i just cant be botherd doing day to day activies been taking the tablets off and on for the past 12 months im alone and life is getting me down and ive been having panic attacks im scared of whats happening to me what should i do

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I would go and see your doctor again, maybe this tablet isn't working for you, maybe its time to move onto a full time antidepressant and something to help with the panic attacks.

Also ask your doctor to refer you to CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) this will help you recognise and find ways to deal with your self esteem levels and your feelings of depression. They can also help you motivate yourself to get a job and generally sort your life out.

Just remember there's always someone on here to talk to and there's help lines you can call, 24 hour ones too, id have a look online and see if you can find one that suits you for now, they have people on the end of a phone waiting to help you and give advice, honestly they've helped me a lot through my panic attacks and depression.

Hang on in there.

Danielle

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thankyou for your reply
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too feel low & a failure at times & cannot shake off my cloak of darkness.I had been bullied at work for three years went off with stress & work terminated my contract.Ive tried to get back on my feet,over the two years fought a tribunal/complaints case.Yes ive had some counselling but you get 10 only funded by nhs.Being refered onto Psychology just chaos for me swopping my meds & I webt from being half Way through the dark tunnel back to the start.

After 7-8 weeks no meds I realised ineeded help saw my gp and slowly restarting new tablets.Im not ready for talking sessions yet & I feel this is a good start knowing what Ican do.A bookclub online & a local book club helps.Its hard to describe to friends/family the wobbles I have inside I portray a smiling face to stop people asking questions.The terror of crossing the front door step is an ongoing battle.Ive lost my zest ive lost "Me" all through bullying.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i find crossing the doorstep difficult i only manage it when ive appointments where i know i need to go as soon as im out i just want to get back in a quick as i can i used to love going for walks but cant manage any longer than needs be i panic and get breathless that makes me panic more ive gone days without cos i feel this way home delivery shopping is a must for me atm i hate feeling like this my home is my bubble my place of safety i get confused when i am out and forget things i need off to see the doctor again very soon my medication needs to be looked at thanks for your reply its welcoming to know im not alone and there are others out there
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Believe me, my friend, you most certainly are NOT on your own. I am a 64yr old male in a similar situation to you. Separated from my wife for 10yrs, not employed, but retired. I find going out, even to do something pleasant, is a huge effort. I go shopping & walk round the shop in a daze, forgetting most of what i went out for in the rush to get back to the security of home. I take Citilopram, have been for 15 months. Planing a day out is so hit & miss. I am lucky in that my wife & I are still friends & we see quite a bit of each other. Many times I simply want to be on my own. No, you are NOT alone.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i went out this afternoon just to the local shops couldnt get back quick enough too many people were around for my liking today typical monday busy as usual i came home and the relief i felt just being back home was a really nice feeling felt safe and secure i know deep down i need more social activites to help me concor these feelings of panic small steps decided today im going to go for short walks daily small steps at 1st as ive been told but its good to know there are others out there in similar situations doesnt help much but its something thanks for commenting it really does help even if its just a little bit
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good to hear you went out today smile I took my dog around the woods for an hour.I lnow he has to be exercised & I can keep to myself a lot of the time.Still good hear the birds tweeting & see squirrels. Even if you just go out for a five minute walk round the block its an achievement. There will still be days you don't nanage it but don't think of it as a negative.Tiny steps are manageable.

You are not alone & many find it easier to "talk" on forums.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up