Feel so isolated :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there, im new to this site.  i feel so isolated, lonely and depressed at the moment due to famiy stresses that have been going on for 2 yrs.  i feel very detatched from my kids and husband.  The only thing that makes me happy right now is my African Grey parrot as she is the only one that doesn't want something from me.  Wendy xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy I am sorry to hear how you are feeling.  It's difficult to know what to say to you as you give very little information.

Have you been to your doctor and told them how you are feeling?  Maybe some help would make you feel more able to cope at the moment.  

Is this just as a result of the family stresses?  Or are there other factors involved?

xx

• Posted

hi hypercat, i didn't put too much info as i wasn't sure if i was in the right section of the forum.

Thak you so much for replying.  My history is i have bi-polar and depression and also bouts of anxiety.~I take medication and it has worked very well for me.  2yrs ago was the start of 2 years of daily stress  even until this day, i seemed to manage it quite well but recently feel like im falling apart, i feel depressed, suicidal, worthless, i seem to now have lots of physical things wrong with me, i have no energy, i have about 3hrs sleep at night and then wake about 4am.  then i want to sleep all day. i'm irritable, angry, can't be bothered with anyone or anything, my concentration is horendous, i don't want to go out (however, i have pushed mysef to go out).  I have always been very good at helping myself when i've felt like this but at this moment in time everything seems to be too overwhelming and i cannot see any light xx

• Posted

p.s At the moment i am going through things that i am unable to talk to people around me about as im scared they will judge, i feel ashamed at what has happened to my family so i guess that's why i feel so isolated sad
  • Posted

Hi Wendy

I am also new to this website, just came on to have a look and see if anyone was feeling as low as me and I came across you post.  I too have suffered from depression for many years, even attempted suicide twice which is something I think about often.  I am on medication and have spoken to several counsellorw via doctors and my work whom have been great, but I feel like it only changes my mindset for such a short time and as soon as anything significant in my life happens it triggers that feeling of unworthy, not wishing to go out and being on my own which sometimes is the worst thing I can do as all I seem to do is overthink the situation and mke it 100 times worse.  I feel very isolated and mental health issues although are advertised widely the subject is still very taboo.  I have two kids and am currently separated so still trying to find my feet.  I cry most days and often wish life would end my misery.  I feel that I have now taken a step to finding help again by commenting on your post and hope that someone reading this can help us both.  Please know that you are not alone with this horrible illness and we will get through it.

Gillian xxx

• Posted

hi Gillian, how lovely to hear from you. I am so glad you replied to my post.  Depression is awful and i know mine has resurfaced due to the situation that i'm in. I feel like there is no way forward, everything is doom and gloom, i hate thinking like this as no matter how bad ive felt in the past i have always managed to acknowledge that things will get better....i can't see that at the moment.  i feel suicidal but not because i want to die but i just want this pain to end. i wish i could say something to make you feel better but for now i wil just send you some hugs and let you know your not alone xx  
    • Posted

Dear Wendy and Gillian,

Please, please return to your doctor's and stress the extent of your

Depression, you must push and push until you make them realize that

You both desperately need more help.!!! Depression is like a deep black

Hole that you cannot climb out of... do your family know how badly you

Feel? I know that it is very hard to explain and you also do not want to

Worry and upset your loved ones..

I truly hope that life gets easier for you both, you have my warmest

Wishes and prayers... huge hugs to you both, please be kind to both

Of yourselves.. Deirdre x

• Posted

Thank you Wendy you words were very kind, like you I don't really want to die I just want the pain to go away so that I can enjoy living life, something that I haven't done for such a long time.  Big hugs to you and keep in touch as I am sure we could perhaps help each other even if its just to say hows your day?

Gillian xxx

• Posted

of course Gillian, I would like that very much xx
  • Posted

Hi Wendy, sorry to hear how you are feeling at the moment. Have you thought about talking therapies such as CBT or Counselling. Does your husband understand how you are feeling. I haven't much advice to give you except to say this is a good forum and very supportive and if it helps to know that others are struggling with issues too. We are here for you anytime you want to talk. Sending hugs. Elizabeth
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, i've tried talking to my husband but he has been part of the stress sad I have done CBT in the past and have all the skills to help myself, sadly i can't seem to apply them at the moment which is frustrating.  I guess for now i'm just happy to be reassured that i'm not on my own in the way im feeling xx

• Posted

Hi there, I truly hope that you get through this difficult time. From being an animal lover myself I understand how great it is to confide in a pet ... much better than a computer screen. This may not be of much help but my advice is to take up something which really brings you joy. Maybe this is ultra cringy and of little worth but after years of trying to find something that brought me happiness I've found horse riding a great way to forget about my troubles and focus on what is happening now than what grief is in the past or stressing about what insignificant little thing that will make me sad or angry in the future. I just hope this will inspire you to maybe search for something new in your life that will help you in times of despiration and let you escape. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.