feel so low

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies im 44 and suffer with under active thyroid, i recently went to Drs and asked for my thyroid to be checked as iv not been feeling right no period for 9 months,hair loss,very dry skin,loss of sex drive very dry down there....hot sweats,insomnia my thyroid came back ok but Dr said results came back im peri menapause gave me some replens md told me to buy star flower and evening primrose which i have but still feel v low,tearful Dr said until iv been period free for 12 months she doesnt want to give me anything else, i am pushing my partner away has i dont want to be intamite with him can anyone recommend anything to help with this please feel like im at my wits end.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sharon, those are commum symptoms of peri.  There is plenty of info here about that and needless to say that what works for some, does not work for others.  Most of the time does not matter what you take,  it just helps you to cope, does not give you back what was taken, very sorry to say.  But, do not despair, find your way.  From my experience, things become about normal after a while, even though some are luckier than others, for the lenght of time it takes varies from woman to woman. Check posts talking about vitamins, specially D, Calcium, Magnesium and Omega 3 - that helps with body lubrication.  Eat quality, not quantity. Use lots of moisturize on your skin, and hair.  Maybe it is the case to use Minoxidil for your scalp.  All those things are off the counter, still better to talk to your doctor.  Some use estrogen vaginal cream for dryness, you might want to research on that, once it is hormone. I had a dry phase, replens did not help.  Now I am alright and I found using a skin moisturizer helps there too, lol.  DO NOT STOP having sex, unless you feel pain, then look for a doctor.  If you do not want sex because of depression, look for help, medicinal or exercise, yoga, accunpuncture, etc. Again, the trick is finding a way to cope. Otherwise,  SEX is important for your body and mind and there is several personal lubricant you could try and have fun. If someday you find you need HRT, after researching,  I hope it works well for you, some try but it does not work cry  All that is just a poor synopsis of what  you will find here.  Keep searching.  Cheers, girl.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply I will keep reading and learning from this sight I think the dryness is my main problem and hopefully if I can sort that out im sure I will feel better.im tearing myself apart and started using a psoriasis shampoo with little effect at the moment and will have a word with the dr regarding replens maybe change it as I dont think its v good unless used immediately before sex and will carry on with moisturizer and hopefully this dryness should disappear .fingers crossed feel like a shrivelled up prune.
    • Posted

Do not fret, you will eventually improve.  Find your ways and look for a good doctor.  As you might has already read, the majority know nothing about our symptoms, even the gyns.  Big hugs.
  • Posted

Yes I suffer from low thyroid myself and I am on levothyroxine I feel that maybe you should try being on an SSRI antidepressent to help with your lows and help you through the perimenopause like paxil or depakote or zoloft these will help stable your moods and make you feel better. 

You should also talk to a therapist to help you through what you are going through this can help too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.