Feel suicidal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Feel like suicide now than anytime in my life. Ocd, depression and anxiety is eating away at me. And people don't understand what's going on in my head cause they can't see it. Not like a broken bone or a obvious condition. I constantly care about what other people think and that is a big mental drain. I hate my current job. I feel sick all weekend thinking about going in.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Think of all the people who want and need a job. The rest of the day is your reward, your down time. Are there any job openings that you can train for
    • Posted

That is far from the truth. My life at home is hard work. I clean and tidy constantly.for hours on a evening and all weekend. I suffer from horrible thoughts. I have had counselling and on 200 mg of sertraline.i think about others everyday. I am very left wing and fight for the cause of people worse of than me everyday. Huge Jeremy corbyn fan. Labour activist. I have no down time. I have 3 kids and always struggling to sleep
  • Posted

dear andrew,

please try not to be so hard on yourself. i am sorry you are suffering. but you are still working, and thats not always easy. i can't do that anymore, and for me it's just as bad as working at a place i despised. i still remember those days...weekends suffering because they were filled with such anxiety. hated sunday nights. anyway, i got too sick and i'm not able to work now. i don't like myself much because of that. people always telling me i should be doing something. the grass isn't always greener on the other side. i hope you can learn to deal with the place you currently work at. or i hope you move on to something else. you deserve to be happy. if you can stick it out, try hard. being out of work and being depressed has it's own stressors, and it s*cks. whatever you do, i hope it works out for you. you might consider therapy or medication. just get better so you can be happier. life is too short.

best wishes, laura

• Posted

Hi this Is a great comment. Thank you. I feel judged by everyone at work. And I am. Its not in my head. I have a very busy life. People judge my actions on every matter. Even family judge my job and career choices.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew,

Feeling suicidal rather than feeling anything else is because we all tend to blame ourselves for all that goes wrong.

However if you are taking any meds at the moment they may be affecting your judgement and moods. I am on prozac for my moods and depression but they make me anxious. Visit your GP and either change your meds, if your on any, or get help with some meds. Okay they are not first choice e for most of us but, they do help to bring you down so that things get a bit clearer and manageable.

You cannot function correctly at work or rest until you get yourself feeling more positive.

• Posted

Hi thanks for comment. On 200mg sertraline.and had counselling twice and on long waiting list for another try.
  • Posted

Hi, Yes, it's sertraline that I take (also called prozac). I had 19 sessions with a councillor , one on one from Italk. They also do self arranged appointments but are not available nationwide.

• Posted

If are facing such kind of problems so i would like to suggest some about what can you do in this case

Talk with someone every day.Discuss your problem with trusted friends.

Make a daily schedule for yourself and keep that regular routine as much as possible

Satrt doing daily excercises and medination.

Always remeber your personal goal think about your parents when you feel like suicide.

Get out in nature  fro alteast 30 mintutes. 

• Posted

Hi Andrew, I hope you are doing a little better since yesterday.  In addition to coming here try and find a good therapist to discuss this with and get meds.

I have been battling major depression all year and been almost suicidal cept Im Christian so I cant do it.

Sounds like you feel like people are judging you and watching to see if you make a mistake (at work) your work sounds like a big part of it.

Most people are too self absorbed to really care or pay attention to other people so don't worry what people think cuz they are busy with themselves. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.